Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
All products “Out of Stock” in Grid View

ccttu

Total Posts:  10
Texas

I thought I saw a post about this previously, but I cannot find it.  The problem is, after upgrading to v1.3, all of my products show “Out of Stock” in the Grid/List view.  However, the products are actually in stock and when you drill in to them, you see “Availability: In stock”.

I appreciate any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ekwk

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same problem. Also when I copy products from one site to another the product is either out of stock or the size options do not appear. Any help appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community

ccttu

Texas

Surely someone else is having this issue… Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daynos

Total Posts:  98
Rennes, Bretagne

Hello

Have you tried to refresh the “Inventory Stock Status” ?
System > Cache > Inventory Stock Status > refresh

After an update, I always refresh all the caches wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

ccttu

Texas

Daynos, thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve tried clearing the cache numerous times to no avail.

This is pretty ridiculous.  Not sure how someone is supposed to be able to run a business when their shopping cart incorrectly lists all products as ‘Out of Stock’.

Magento Community
Magento Community

advocat

Total Posts:  99
UA Kyiv

To optimize the inventory of the product - it was the stock index (status)
Re should happen automatically after certain actions
And the problem is not with cache, but with an stock index that is fixed - need to rebuild

Also please check your inventory status on product edit page

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Total Posts:  218

Having the same infuriating problem.  Can anyone help on this? This isn’t a cache clearing issue.  I, like someone else had mentioned, have tried that several times.  I’ve got 24k products that are saying out of stock and everything looks fine on the backend.  WTH is going on?

I thought I’d learned my lesson with upgrades…

Magento Community
Magento Community

muri

Total Posts:  41
Italy

It seems that enabling “Use Flat Catalog Product” fix this problem.
This is just a workaround because when you disable it the problem persists.

This bug should be fixed ASAP.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Didn’t work for me - what a huge mess!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kayakbabe

Total Posts:  23

I have hte same problem described in the first post on this thread.
clearing cache, doesn’t work.
refreshing stock status, doesn’t work.
refreshing everything, doesn’t work.
flat product/flat category refreshing, doesn’t work.
nothing works.
I saw some posts in the bug tracker about this happens with imported products but not manually added ones. Not true. it happens for both imported and manually created products.

I’ve checked my settings 1000 times.
on the products i have the product enabled, qty=10, manage stock= yes, stock availabilty = instock, qty to become out of stock = 0 (i tried different values like 1 or 2 to no avail)
global settings for the store area appropriate. manage stock = yes
qty to become out fo stock is 0 (i tried 1 as suggested in another post, no luck there)

something is really screwed up adn wrong. there are dozens of bug tracker reports regarding this.

Magento Varien… please address this issue!

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

I’m having the same problem as well.  It suddenly occurred after I did some changes in the attributes section regarding Layered Navigation.  I’m using Magento 1.3.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

I found a solution, but I don’t know why it works though.

Go to System - Configuration - Catalog - Frontend, and enable the Flat Catalog Category and the Flat Catalog Product.

//Lise

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

I’ve enabled flat category, but cannot change the flat product setting - no matter which view I try to use; store view, default config, etc.  I really wish that we could get this addressed by the Magento team. I’ve been down for two weeks now and lost thousands in sales. I know it’s my fault for not trying it on my dev site first, but never had problems before and screwed up by taking a shortcut this time. Damn.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ccttu

Texas

laqua - 10 May 2009 07:01 AM

I found a solution, but I don’t know why it works though.

Go to System - Configuration - Catalog - Frontend, and enable the Flat Catalog Category and the Flat Catalog Product.

//Lise

Thanks Lise… This appears to work for me as well, although I have no idea why.  I did notice that when you do a compare of two or more products, the ‘Out of Stock’ status still appears on the compare page.  I’m not too worried about that though, as long as the front-end is working correctly.

Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ccttu

Texas

RobOrr - 11 May 2009 04:24 AM

I’ve enabled flat category, but cannot change the flat product setting - no matter which view I try to use; store view, default config, etc.  I really wish that we could get this addressed by the Magento team. I’ve been down for two weeks now and lost thousands in sales. I know it’s my fault for not trying it on my dev site first, but never had problems before and screwed up by taking a shortcut this time. Damn.

RobOrr - I know this sounds obvious, but did you first rebuild the cache for Flat Catalog Product (Admin/System/Cache Management/Rebuild Flat Catalog Product) and then enable Flat Catalog Product (Admin/System/Configuration/Catalog/Frontend/Use Flat Catalog Product) by selecting ‘Yes’ in the drop-down?  That is how I was able to get it to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Thank you for your replies - Yes - I did - products are still not working right and I’m not sure why.  The out of stock seems to have gone away for most items, and the categories are showing items now, but you can’t follow the link to actually get to a product.  I click on a category that should have several products, but I’m greeted with the notice: “There are no products matching your selection”. Images are gone too. I’ve already reuploaded more than half of my catalog since the upgrade so there really shouldn’t be individual product issues so far as I can tell.

I’m going to try to rebuild the search index etc. to see if that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3