Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting Error for Configurable products: The requested quantity for “Product” is not available

bpapenbr

Total Posts:  16

I am Getting this error for Configurable products when you add them to the cart: The requested quantity for “Product” is not available.

Didn’t do this before… Not sure whats up.  Any ideas? shock

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bpapenbr

Total Posts:  16

Just an update:

I found out it is a problem with Flat Catalog Category and Flat Catalog Product… snake Still a bit buggy I guess

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tobz

Total Posts:  18

Hi,

I have just had this same error.  Does anyone know what causes it and how to fix?
Using current version (1.3.2.4)

The requested quantity for "Overkill - Large - Brown" is not available.
Trace:
#0 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(718): Mage::throwException('The requested q...')
#1 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(217): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->addProduct(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product), Object(Varien_Object))
#2 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/add-item.phtml(34): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->addProduct(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product), '2')
#3 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/www/supply/web...')
#4 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#5 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#6 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#7 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#8 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#9 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#10 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#11 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/blank.phtml(3): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#12 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/www/supply/web...')
#13 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#14 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#15 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#16 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#17 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(347): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#18 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(100): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#19 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/PageController.php(45): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_PageController), '6')
#20 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(376): Mage_Cms_PageController->viewAction()
#21 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(248): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#22 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#23 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/app/Mage.php(459): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#24 /www/supply/web/thirdthumb.co.nz/html/index.php(65): Mage::run()
#25 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

HyekiM

Total Posts:  25

Getting this too - anyone find a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

David-Adamson

Total Posts:  35

Has anyone found a solution to this problem, it’s a real mess this feature,

it’s actually hindering conversions on my already busy site, because not only does is state that the requested product is not avaiable, in the same breath, it’s adding the product to the basket, and in some cases adding two of the same product.

Please see attached image,

Image Attachments
error-message.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

cupandacu

Total Posts:  30

Same issue here…

It only occurs for a qty of 1. Bad luck for me as all my products are one offs!

Anyone?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

cupandacu

Anyone? This is seriously hurting my store!

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevusb

Total Posts:  8

Same problem for me, in quantity of one, need help, going crazy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cupandacu

I had to set my ‘out of stock’ qty to be 1 instead of zero.
So In my case where I have one off products, I just set the qty on hand to be 2.
When someone purchases the last item, it takes away one and then triggers it to be out of stock.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevusb

Total Posts:  8

Thanks for the reply but that won’t help me. I tried messing around with different quantity and it appears it’s not only with 1 the problem. If I put 5 in stock then I can buy 2 max. If I put 15 in stocks, I can buy 7 max. If I put 25 in stocks, I can buy 12 max. Looks like there is a ratio of 0.4 or something I don’t get at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

s3wav

Total Posts:  7

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I have been having this problem and have realised I have lost out on A LOT of sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rajdavinder

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I am trying to update ERROR “The requested quantity for “xxxxxx” is not available” to other custom text i have made change in app/code/core/Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Stock/item.php but change not reflectd its showing me same error text as default by magento .  I have also clean cache of magento and browsers also

Please help me to sort out this issue

Thanks !!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ktan35

Total Posts:  1

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone found a solution to this as I am having the same problem!!!

Thanks

KT

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community