Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pear error in Connect

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

Hi guys,

I’ve tried some of the solutions around for this (changing permissions) but they don’t seem to be working. I am getting this error when going to Magento Connect:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/xxxxxx/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR.php’ (include_path=’/home/xxx/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php:/home/xxx/public_html/app/code/local:/home/xxx/public_html/app/code/community:/home/xxx/public_html/app/code/core:/home/xxx/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/xxx/public_html/lib/Varien/Pear.php on line 265

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I am running version 1.1.8

Thanks a lot

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Does the path to your public_html directory differ between ‘/home/xxxxxx/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR.php’ and ‘/home/xxx/public_html/lib/Varien/Pear.php’ as your post indicates (the ‘xxx’ part)? If so, try to remove the file downloader/pearlib/pear.ini and run the upgrade again.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community