Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Passwords and the REST API to create a customer

engfx

Total Posts:  2

Background:  Our in-house system creates a new user in our db, then it needs to create the user (with same login/password) in Magento as a customer.

Problem: Using the /api/rest/customers REST API I can successfully create a user in Magento.  When I check the Magento customer_entity table I can see the new record, and when I check the customer_entity_varchar table I can see the newly created firstname and lastname attribute records.

However…

The Magento REST API seems to be ignoring my “password” input parameter, and therefore not creating the password_hash type attribute in the customer_entity_varchar table.

The end result is I have created a Magento customer who can’t login.

Question:  Is this by design? Has anyone been able to successfully create a user (with password) via the REST API?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pitschsen

Total Posts:  1

Did you find a solution?

I found this issue, looks like it is not fixed yet:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=13533

Best Regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community