Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I am trying to create a configurable product with bundle options

laurencekenny1

Total Posts:  1

Hello.

I am trying to create a configurable product but I want there to be required fields in the product page which will add cost to product price. Let me give you the example.

We sell microwave modules. one of our products is a detector to pick up movement (people, cars etc etc).

In order to buy the detector, the customer needs to specify whether they want a filter (3 options are: no filter, 100Hz, 120Hz) and they also need to specify the relay operation (2 options are: open on detection, close on detection) and they also need to specify what it is they are wanting to detect (3 options are: people, slow vehicles, road vehicles). I know that these 3 things can be done using the attributes and attribute sets with a configurable product.

However it is integrating this with the next part of the product specification that i am finding tricky as i also want them to be able to choose the housing that the product comes in (3 options are: open chassis, plain black box (+£5), waterproof box (+15))

Now i understand from my reading that this part of the product specification can be achieved with the bundle product type. but its getting them both to work with eachother that i haven’t been able to figure out how to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community