Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect sending upgrades to my old install folder

cupidintimates

Total Posts:  3

I moved my magento install a couple months ago from:

\localhost\subfolder\magento

to

\localhost\magento

I updated the url path in the admin and everything has seemed fine…

However..

I installed an extention today via Magento Connect and didn’t see any sign of it appearing on my site… after investigating, I found that magento connect had installed the extension to my old location “\localhost\subfolder\magento…

THEN I noticed that my 1.3 files were sitting there as well… and if i just copy these files over to the proper install folder it crashes my site…

is there a different line i need to update so that magento connect will send future upgrades and install to the proper folder?

something else that is strange is the 1.2.1 upgrade thru magento connect seemed to work properly… because all my folders are dated .3.4.09 and i have changed nothign recently…

also, how can i now manually upgrade my install?  even if I delete the 1.3 files that are sitting in the old folder, magento connect thinks im running 1.3… is there a file i can edit to make magento connect think that im running an earlier version so it can upgrade me again? or is there a manual way of doing this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cupidintimates

Total Posts:  3

I may be onto something on this problem but i need some help…

I have tried everything… but anytime i try to install a new extension or upgrade my core files, MConnect puts them in my old install folder, which was /localhost/drupal/magento

whereas it should be going to /localhost/magento

I discovered something in my Pear.ini

which looks like this.

#PEAR_Config 0.9
a:24:{s:13:"auto_discover";i:1;s:9:"cache_ttl";i:60;s:7:"bin_dir";s:42:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib";s:7:"php_dir";s:46:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\php";s:12:"download_dir";s:51:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\download";s:8:"temp_dir";s:47:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\temp";s:8:"data_dir";s:47:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\data";s:9:"cache_dir";s:48:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\cache";s:8:"test_dir";s:48:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\tests";s:7:"doc_dir";s:47:"C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\downloader\pearlib\docs";s:8:"mage_dir";s:30:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento";s:18:"mage_community_dir";s:49:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/app/code/community";s:13:"mage_core_dir";s:44:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/app/code/core";s:15:"mage_design_dir";s:41:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/app/design";s:12:"mage_etc_dir";s:38:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/app/etc";s:12:"mage_lib_dir";s:34:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/lib";s:14:"mage_local_dir";s:45:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/app/code/local";s:15:"mage_locale_dir";s:41:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/app/locale";s:14:"mage_media_dir";s:36:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/media";s:13:"mage_skin_dir";s:35:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/skin";s:13:"mage_test_dir";s:36:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento/tests";s:12:"mage_web_dir";s:30:"C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\magento";s:10:"__channels";a:4:{s:5:"__uri";a:0:{}s:32:"connect.magentocommerce.com/core";a:0:{}s:12:"pecl.php.net";a:0:{}s:37:"connect.magentocommerce.com/community";a:0:{}}s:15:"preferred_state";s:6:"stable";}

you can see the references to the old install folder on the lines near the bottom (anything with \drupal\)

the drupal subfolder should not be there… is this my problem?

and if so, i have read about needing to change the S values.. is this the case?

Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

Total Posts:  107

I actually just ran into this and have a solution. I am currently on 1.2.0.3. I have copied my installation directory from / to like such:

/var/www/store/
to
/var/www/magento/

I noticed that extensions were being installed on my previous location. There are 4 files I found that hold this old data:

downloader/pearlib/pear
downloader/pearlib/peardev
downloader/pearlib/pear.ini
downloader/pearlib/pecl

They all store directories as /var/www/store/blah/blah/blah/blah. While my solution may be much more than necessary to fix it, it works nonetheless. Use this link as a reference,

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/installing_magento_via_shell_ssh#root_web_directory1

Essentially, you will be re-installing your stores core files. If you have followed the rules, non of your core files have been changed during development and replacing them will do absolutely nothing harmful to your installation.

In the terminal, navigate to the root of your magento installation:
(one of these might be your location, if not find where your magento installation root is and locate yourself there)

cd /var/www/magento
or
cd /home/magento/www
or
cd /home/magento/public_html

In the terminal, enter the following commands:

./pear mage-setup .
./
pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable
rm 
-rf downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*//tempend ?>

This will download all your core modules and re-install them. One of your core modules is your downloader, Mage_Downloader.

After navigating to your downloader configuration files, you will see that a dynamic location is used, at least thats what happened to me. My configurations used to use locations such as:
/var/www/store/blah/blha/blah/blha
but now its
./downloader/pearlib/php

This should work for any location, because the configuration files reference all the pear doings as the “directory above” and that can be referenced that way in any installation of magento.

I can’t promise this works as well for anyone else, but this is how it worked for me. Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

I do apologize for overlooking something…

You will need to use:

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-1.2.0.3.tgz

instead of

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

You will want to put in your own version of magento, where 1.2.0.3 is the version. If you use my previously posted code, your whole installation will be updated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

wow sorry for the errors...another correction is:

rm -rf downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*//tempend ?>

...definitely use the link as a reference! I am not sure what that junk in there is…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Just delete the downloader/pearlib/pear.ini file, and a new configuration file will be automatically generated the next time you run Magento Connect/PEAR. You might want to edit the paths in the following files as well:

downloader/pearlib/pear
downloader/pearlib/peardev
downloader/pearlib/pecl

Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

I had tried that, but because of the paths in those three files remaining the same, I wasn’t sure. Thanks for correcting me on this, I knew my solution was a little overkill

Magento Community
Magento Community

kayintveen

Total Posts:  41
Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Removing the pear.ini worked for me!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tristan_Nguyen

Total Posts:  4