Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
[SOLVED] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted. PLUS stalling issue

cnymike

Total Posts:  27

I am having a similar error… my host is bluehost.com

I have set my php.ini and .htaccess memory limit to 96M. BlueHost told me that that is the maximum they will allow.

My error says, Fatal Error: Allowed Memory Size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /.../.../.../.../.../lib/Varian/File/Csv.php on line 93

I have configurable products and ship to multiple addresses setup. I am not using the single screen checkout. The error always occurs after I submit the last step in the checkout process.

This is incredibly frustrating. That Magento is so close lipped about this… that bluehost offers Magento installations without adequately giving Magento enough system resources to operate.

There’ s got to be a better solution out there.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pliningt

Total Posts:  7

Inmotion hosting eventually sorted out my fatal error problem. I talked to 4 people at inmotion before someone in systems admin discovered that a previous support technician had made a mistake with my setup. Now it works beautifully and and faster than before. If I hadn’t persevered I could have ended up spending more money moving from shared hosting to a VPS service or even finding another hosting company. My advice to cnymike is to keep pushing your host for a solution to your problem but don’t be abusive or rude. Eventually you should find someone who knows what your problem is and how to fix it. Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Good to know after your efforts the problem was resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eysikal

Total Posts:  2

Guys, check your .htaccess file(s) aren’t overriding your “memory_limit” settings globally set in php.ini.

Magento Community
Magento Community

agbloomfield

Total Posts:  1

For those of you who have solved this issue—do we have any idea what the techs at inmotion finally changed?  That would be helpful for the rest of us to be able to direct our hosting companies to pinpoint the error.

Anybody?

Magento Community
Magento Community

youtag design

thanks emeraldco!
your solution worked for me smile

yes, i am on inmotion too…

Magento Community
Magento Community

elida

I had a lot of trouble installing Magento 1.4.1.1 with inMotion hosting and kept getting various flavors of “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of X bytes exhausted”. etc…

Quote from InMotion support:
In the .htaccess file in the root of the Magento folder, “comment OUT php_value memory_limit by placing a # in front of it then save the file”

Before:

## adjust memory limit

#    php_value memory_limit 64M
    php_value memory_limit 128M
    php_value max_execution_time 18000

The solution:

## adjust memory limit

#    php_value memory_limit 64M
#    php_value memory_limit 128M
    php_value max_execution_time 18000

Other tips:

-It also helps to unzip/extract Magento in the cPanel file manager (instead of locally then uploading with FTPclient).
-I had some trouble moving the files out of the default “magento” folder after extraction, I had to manually move the stubborn leftover files that didn’t move the first time round (in FTPclient).
-Installing Magento sample data still made errors with Magento 1.4.1.1 better off using a blank database.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Urby

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
That’s exactly what my install needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

terence.palmer

Total Posts:  3

Commenting out the memory limit in the htaccess file in the root of the magento store has helped .... just a little .... now it is happening on my checkout ...... urgh .... my memory limit appears to be set to 128M when doing php_info.

Any further help would be appreciated,

Magento Community
Magento Community

busma

I have a new 1.4.1.1 installation, no default products.  I\’ve worked with Inmotionhosting to up the memory limits to 512MB, and that has been working fine as I play with back end and add products and get a feel for this cart. Admin panel seems a bit sluggish, but I love the features if I can get them to work.  After 3-4 days on no errors today I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 537210928 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

When I click on realted products in the admin panel, while adding a configurable product.

Does Magento really need to allocate that much memory (II have 2 products loaded so far)
Or is there a bug someplace? Should I be concerned this will hinder store operations, or is this a admin panel glitch?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eleventybillion

Total Posts:  6
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK

Hi there, i seem to be getting the following Fatal Error Message : Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 182647 bytes) in /homepages/45/d225322557/htdocs/247-2010-Magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Url.php on line 931

I have tried editing the root .htaccess file with the suggested, and also placed a php.ini file in the root too (which didn’t exist before).

I run a dedicated server with 1&1;and have spoken to the Tech Department, and they have said that this is a code issue?

Can anybody help with this issue, the product in question is a configurable product that had 600 options, which we reduced to try to get it to work.

http://www.247printhouse.com/index.php/flyers/130gsm-leaflets/130gsm-leaflets.html

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Rus

**** UPDATE *****

I have tried a couple of things this morning, and the Fatal Message changes, it now loads the page, but fails to load the configurable options. The amount of bytes it is trying to allocate is now 56 bytes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cbydesign

Total Posts:  34

Hey everyone. I called my hosting company and they added more memory and they added the iti file on their server in PHP. My site seems to working properly because I do not have a lot of products (Under 100) But will keep you posted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

pliningt - 08 January 2010 05:30 PM

Inmotion hosting eventually sorted out my fatal error problem. I talked to 4 people at inmotion before someone in systems admin discovered that a previous support technician had made a mistake with my setup. Now it works beautifully and and faster than before. If I hadn’t persevered I could have ended up spending more money moving from shared hosting to a VPS service or even finding another hosting company. My advice to cnymike is to keep pushing your host for a solution to your problem but don’t be abusive or rude. Eventually you should find someone who knows what your problem is and how to fix it. Good luck.

I also have InMotionHosting .... hoping they can find a problem to the issue.

Using the magento-check.php file, it said I did not have PDO_Mysql and error logs showed the memory limit problem

I added this to php.ini and it fixed it temporarily until I made a design edit in the backend and the problem came back

extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so
extension=pdo_sqlite.so

Still trying to figure out what the problem is. Must be some type of memory limit overide somewhere that InMotionHosting has control over

Update: I made the changes to Mage, Index, php.ini and updated .htaccess with 512 but did not comment out the lines.... it didnt work at first, a few minutes later it was working. At thesame time InMotionHosting was working on them, and apparently I had the incorrect settings to the database. I think this might have been a 2nd issue but not sure. Might have needed time for the changes to take affect… Regardless it is working!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

Put a new site on InMotionHosting and having the same problem, every time… with any new installation. Wish I would have choose a different server hosting company.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wayneywoo

Total Posts:  14

I have 64MB memory limit in php.ini and in the root .htaccess file, I have 256MB memory limit set.

I was getting allocated memory error, now gone.

This is on 1.4.1.1

Regards

Forgot to say this is with just over 9600 products.  Don’t know if this is relevant now as I just saw mag 1.3.0 at the top :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3