Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Website With Magento. 

WSUG

Total Posts:  3

I’m looking to hire someone who knows how to set-up a website on magento platform.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

Id say when we go out of Beta to Production there will be many choices…

At the moment from what I’m seeing on this forum there are a lot of people trying to come to grips with this whole platform

There are a couple of people who seem to be progressing well

but you will have to be more patient

Just look at the forum Installation Problems and ‘How do I’ Questions the amount of postings are far greater then say the posting in the design forum HTML, XHTML, CSS, Design Questions

Just look for your self www.magentocommerce.com/boards

A lot of work can be lost in version upgrades tread carefully in Beta its more about ironing out issues before the Big release

This is where I would post my design questions see what they say over there

www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewforum/16/ wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

Magento’s Partner Program has started so wait to see if anyone applies and get the certification from Varien. Then you’ll be more than sure that those persons will do their work correctly and secure the future upgrade possibilities. Without such a possibilities you’ll get into one-way road.

Of course there’re many freelancers (as always) with a huge experience in OOP/MVC/ZF so they will be also able to add new functionalities and modules to Magento core without many training and with relative short learning curve (I espect to train my teammates in about 1 month but very extensive).

My point of view is clear. It’s to early to start refactoring the code and add new functions. Many things can change in scope of next 1-2 months so it could happen that you’ll be forced to start the work from the beggining.

Beta’s are like kids. They must simply grow up smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community