Magento Forum

Notification e-mails: How Do I change content to my own specs…? 

randompick

Total Posts:  12

The stock emails show Magento (demo) logo and all the fake phone numbers, contact email and business hours…

This applies to all email notifications: account creation, order placement etc.

How do I change the content to show my Store Info...?

Thank you in advance.

G

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

randompick

There is a link under “System” called “Transactional Emails” but I can’t see the standard email templates there…

For instance here’s an automatically generated email and sent to a customer after new account creation. I need to change the content to my store contact info:
----------------------------
Magento

Dear sherry m,
Welcome to Demo Store. To log in when visiting our site just click Login or My Account at the top of every page, and then enter your e-mail address and password.

Use the following values when prompted to log in:
E-mail: ra********@gmail.com
Password: m*****s

When you log in to your account, you will be able to do the following:

* Proceed through checkout faster when making a purchase
* Check the status of orders
* View past orders
* Make changes to your account information
* Change your password
* Store alternative addresses (for shipping to multiple family members and friends!)

If you have any questions about your account or any other matter, please feel free to contact us at or by phone at (555) 555-0123.

Thanks again!
----------------------------

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, G

Magento Community
Magento Community

rwone

Total Posts:  174

i’ve just come across app/locale/en_US in which there is template/email - perhaps it’s in there?

im trying to change some text strings so researching this myself at the moment smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

randompick

I went to System>Transactional Emails> On my newly installed store the only email showing there was “Send page to a friend”, but when I clicked on “+ Add New Template” at the top right corner, it opens a new page where you actually can choose a template, load it and do some changes, then save it.

I did a few last night and save them to my list of transactional emails. For instance I did the one for “New Password”, but when i did a test, I still received the the stock email with Magento data… I’ll dig into the settings and see what I’m missing…

Work in progress…

G

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

randompick - 11 April 2009 04:09 AM

I went to System>Transactional Emails> On my newly installed store the only email showing there was “Send page to a friend”, but when I clicked on “+ Add New Template” at the top right corner, it opens a new page where you actually can choose a template, load it and do some changes, then save it.

I did a few last night and save them to my list of transactional emails. For instance I did the one for “New Password”, but when i did a test, I still received the the stock email with Magento data… I’ll dig into the settings and see what I’m missing…

Work in progress…

G

You can find all the email templates in {Magento Root}/app/locale/en_us/template/email/. You can use your favorite HTML editor to edit the templates to suit your needs. There is an entire section on how to customize these in my book.
cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

daviddripps

Total Posts:  47
FL, USA

randompick - 11 April 2009 04:09 AM

Work in progress…

G

I know this is an old post and you may have figured this out, but you have to go to System > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration for the “New Account” and “New Password” emails and to System > Configuration > Sales > Sales Emails for a bunch of the others.  In these options you’ll see dropdown boxes allowing you to choose the custom Transactional Emails templates you’ve made.  Changing the template files on the server will cause problems when you start managing multiple websites and stores with one installation.

- David

Magento Community
Magento Community

daviddripps

Total Posts:  47
FL, USA

Sorry… double clicked the Submit button because I got impatient....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community