Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping based on distance problem

BDT2121

Total Posts:  2

Hi Everyone,

This may be a simple solution but i need to have two different shipping costs based on the distance from our warehouse.

1. If the delivery address is under 150 miles from our address then shipping will cost = £36.00

2. if the delivery address is over 150 miles from our address then shipping will cost = £60.00

Does anyone know how this can be done please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

Yes, this is trivial.

First, define the shipping origin at Admin > System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Settings > Origin.

Then, define the shipping rates at Admin > System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > Table Rates, using # of Items vs. Destination.

More info on setting up table rates here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-set-up-table-rate-shipping

Magento Community
Magento Community

BDT2121

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the reply im new to magento as you probably guessed. I have looked at the link you poivided thanks but struggling to understand how to get it to do what i need with the distances.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magmodules

Total Posts:  3

Well, you should have a shipping method that calculates the distance from the client to your store.
We build a extension like this, you can give a price per kilometer or miles or a fixed price.

It also works with multiple ranges, so you can configure for the first 150 miles a price of 36,00 and above 60,00, you even can fill in a maximum shipping distance.

I think this is what you looking for, good luck!

Link: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/16352/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community