Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Newbie: Magento 1.6.2 Checkout - Error “Please specify a shipping method” with different delivery-adress

SCINET

Total Posts:  2

Hi there,

first, i appologize for some not correct words or phrases, my english ist not well trained.

We use a Magento 1.6.2 for one of our customers und still new in the magento-world.

My customer reported me one replicable error, occurs during the checkout, when a different delivery adress is selected and written.

After clicking the last Button to checkout, a Javascript alert \\\"Please specify a shipping method\\\” occurs.

Can anyone help me, to figure out, whats wrong? By the way, we do not install this System, we got it at a CD and uploaded it on an new Server. Maybe rights from some files are not ok!

here are some Screens during the checkout (attached)

Thank you very much for any help

rainer strebel, Hannover, germany

Image Attachments
magento_ytong.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Please, check whether the shipping methods are installed in System-Configuration-Sales-Shipping methods.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SCINET

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

This error occurs only, if a different delivery adress is given. With a saved adress from the adressbook, this error does not occur.
We have several shipping methods installed and one activated (DHL). I send a screen with this post.

yours regardly

rainer strebel

Image Attachments
neu-1.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community