Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom attributes not available in cart

madla

Total Posts:  25

I’m trying to access a custom attribute “size” in the cart for each item in checkout/cart/item/default.phtml.

I looked through most of the examples in the forums and it seems to be a common issue.

I can access all the standard attributes this way:

<?php $_product $this->getProduct();
$attribs $_product->getData('');

print_r($attribs);
?>

when I look at the output, none of my custom attributes are there.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciates...martin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flmag

Total Posts:  49

The getProduct() method doesn’t load all the data associated to a product you should use something like this:

Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getData('size')

Magento Community
Magento Community

madla

Total Posts:  25

Thank you...works like a charm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

repeaterstore

Total Posts:  35

I’m using the following:
echo Mage::getModel(’catalog/product’)->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getManufacturer();
in design/frontend/default/modern/template/checkout/cart/item/default.phtml
Which is giving me the number ID, not the actual name. So instead of ‘Apple’ I’m getting ‘2’. Any ideas? I’ve tried adding ->getfrontend() but it didn’t work.

Default attributes work OK. So the following:
echo Mage::getModel(’catalog/product’)->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getSku();
echo Mage::getModel(’catalog/product’)->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getName();
Give the proper SKU and name.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community