Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bulk Import Multiple Categories and Multiple Images

jenomoore

Total Posts:  2

I’m creating a .csv file for bulk upload and I’m unsure of how to format the file if a product is in more than 1 category and has more than 1 image. I know that you would place multiple categories on separate lines and multiple images on separate lines, but if they have both several categories and several images, won’t the system get confused? I’ve attached a PDF of an Excel file if that helps. Thank you!

PS. How is the best way to get support on Magento? I\’ve opened several \"tickets\" but haven\’t received a response. Is this Forum a better place to ask questions?

File Attachments
Magento Import File Question.pdf  (File Size: 97KB - Downloads: 29)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

jenomoore - 14 May 2013 07:27 AM

I’m creating a .csv file for bulk upload and I’m unsure of how to format the file if a product is in more than 1 category and has more than 1 image. I know that you would place multiple categories on separate lines and multiple images on separate lines, but if they have both several categories and several images, won’t the system get confused? I’ve attached a PDF of an Excel file if that helps. Thank you!

PS. How is the best way to get support on Magento? I\’ve opened several \"tickets\" but haven\’t received a response. Is this Forum a better place to ask questions?

For your CSV, what I would do is to create one product manually (through Magento). Setup product attributes, add multiple images/categories, and save. Then export that and review it. The CSV can differ between every store (due to product attributes). The system will not get confused if its setup correctly. This is because it will know the next product has has a SKU, whereas the extra rows with the images and categories have all the other attributes blank.

Tickets? Are you a Magento Enterprise or Go Client? Magento offers no support to Community.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community