Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is Magneto the solution for this application? 

chrisjchrisj

Total Posts:  2

I’m using a php script for a web site where visitors to the site can keyword search to find specific files. I’d like the vistors to pay for files before they can view them.

So, I’m looking for a solution that can somehow see the number searched, multiply that by a set dollar amount, send the vistitor to pay that amount, via Paypal, and return the visitor to a protected page to view the document in a unique session.

Can Magneto be used for this type of solution?
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Styles

Total Posts:  13

Wow… Complicated

This is my take on this and others may disagree with reason.
The part that gets me confused is that you seem to want to charge for the searches instead of the files. That to me complicates things.

I think everything else your asking could be done with magento if you program a product for each file you want to sell.
And...make that file downloadable. (zip, pdf, etc..)

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisjchrisj

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is charged per search, but customers will be paying for the number of files that appear from the search, so they’re just paying for several products at once. maybe not so complicated?

Can someone help me with that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Styles

Total Posts:  13

I hope one of the Magento Pros has a good answer for you

I dought you’ll get this out-of-the-box with Magento. You will probably need to program a custom site.

Good luck in your research

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community