Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Order Confirmation Email with PayPal Standard

eazypeazy

Total Posts:  14

Hi

I am testing my site with PayPal sandbox and am not receiving any ‘Order Confirmation’ emails on completing the order?

Doe anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

factor4

Total Posts:  2

Hi eazypeazy!

I have the same problem.  confused Did you find an answer in the meantime?

Magento Community
Magento Community

acp63

Total Posts:  73

I have the same problem to!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeissler

Total Posts:  23

I joined the paypal no order confirmation fun today… I get no customer order confirm from Magento and no store admin confirm from Magento. Paypal emails are only thing that comes through...?

I was very disappointed and now even more frantic that there has been no solutions posted on this. Anybody?

v1.3.2.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Revilo

Total Posts:  68

You need to go to admin>Configuration>sales>sales emails and setup up all of the email address fields. Then you will get the confirmation emails etc being sent

Image Attachments
admin.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeissler

@ohiggins

I appreciate your reply, but I have done that. Tried both bcc and separate email settings there. This only happens when I use paypal as payment that I don’t get any emails. Both customer and admin receive nothing from the store. My orders will also say “customer not notified” on the backend. When using any other payment method I get emails to both customer and admin with the “sales emails” set up as you noted. I have also gone through the paypal acct setup and done all the suggested things for IPN and return url.

Crazy thing is if I set the paypal method to “authorize” instead of “sale” I will receive emails and the backend order will show “IPN notification received” which is, I believe, why the emails are getting sent out. If set to “sale” I see no IPN message in the bakcend and no emails are sent. This is very frustrating as I can’t be going into paypal even time I have a sale to capture the funds. Please let me know if you have seen this problem or know of any possible solution. My store is now live, but with this very frustrating bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Revilo

Which Paypal module are you using? I am using the paypal website payments standard (set to authorize).

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeissler

under config>payment methods>paypal website payments standard

Could you possibly check to see if your paypal orders show in the comments as “customer not notified” possibly above where it should show a comment that says “IPN received”?

I am able to get email with the “authorize” method for whatever reason. I just don’t want to always have to go into paypal to capture funds when someone uses paypal. Feel free to message me or whatever. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Revilo

yeah i am getting the same (see screen shot) I did not have this issue when the customer used their paypal account as opposed to just paying by credit card. (all emails got sent then. )… Sorry i wish i could be more help. If anything changes i will let you know.

Image Attachments
ipn.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeissler

I appreciate the effort. That is somewhat the same as what I get only in reverse (with authorize). Have you tried to use “sale” as opposed to “authorize”? I think that is what you are saying and you then had the issue with the emails not sending…

Thanks again for the effort. I am going to try some work-arounds over the weekend. Best regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community