Magento Forum

search problems

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

For some reason, when I try to do a search on the site I have built inside of Magento, my cpu starts running at 100% and never stops. The only way for me to stop the surge is by stopping mysql service. As soon as I do this the cpu goes back to <5%. Unfortunately, no errors are being displayed so I dont know where to begin to look. It seems like an infinite loop, but i dont what could be causing it.

Any suggestions?

Also, if anybody knew what tables get searched and what columns that would be helpful.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Daim

Total Posts:  172
Germany

The magento search is at this moment not were fast and use a lot of cpu time. Its a performance problem. You can wait or optimize the search sql statements :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

Thanks Daim, that will save me a lot of time. I currently have over 10,000 products so I can imagine. Do you know if the search is just a product search or an entire db search? Also, where might I find the sql statements? I can always look but if you know it can save me some time.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daim

Total Posts:  172
Germany

You can look in a other thread.In this i post a few slow querys. I think there are generated in this class:

“app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Mysql4/Search/Collection.php”

Magento Community
Magento Community

superglue

Total Posts:  9
Kaunas

I have similar issue. Mysqld task hits 100% on random basis. And it comes back to normal state only after mysql restart.
It was fine for a long time, and this problem just appeared several days ago. Now I have to restart mysql almost every hour.
And this happens on production system.

Usually CPU usage start increasing gradually and reaches 100% in several minutes.
It happens more often if I use admin UI.

I am not mysql pro and have no ideas how to stop or monitor this.

Does anybody have similar issues? Will appreciate any help!

Update:

Solved by disabling RSS.
I located bad SELECT by using

mysqladmin -p processlist
But it was no time to locate exactly what RSS causes this (I gues - new products feed).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community