Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installing TemplateMonster Template Properly

z4m0lx3

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

This is my first post here, so I’d like to salute you all smile

I’m trying to install a TM template on my new magento store (which is great btw) but I’m having a little bit of trouble.
The theme is http://www.templatemonster.com/magento-themes/23389.html

What would be the steps for properly installing magento for TM template (I’ve read it’s only compatible with 1.2.x and needs no sample data installed) ? If it’s only compatible with 1.2.x where can I download a full release?

The store looks like this now : http://www.tonere-cartuse.ro and I’d like it to look exactly like the live demo here http://cms.template-help.com/magento_23389/ - - How can I do that?

Waiting for some prompt replies, as this is quite urgent smile

Thank you.

P.S. Tell me how the store is loading, it seems a little bit slow to me...might need to change the hosting :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bretta

Total Posts:  1

Yeah,

Got the same template and had exactly the same problems as you.

To make it look similar (without any of the product images), just import and run the “dump.sql’ file in your phpmyadmin. (this is in the sample data folder)

If you want your site looking exactly the same, you will have to To install the media folder in the sources/sample data folder. Problem is whenever i FTP’d this folder it would always crash my server and timeout. (im running media temple DV)

Eventually i kust skipped the image folder when instaling and it worked fine...bit slow though!

hope that helps, i was pulling my hair out all week.

Magento Community
Magento Community

z4m0lx3

Total Posts:  2

Thanks bretta. I didn’t have trouble with the FTP transfer.

I’ve did the following and it worked like a charm!

1. Download and copy Magento Commerce 1.2.1.2 to your server.
2. Copy “media” folder from “sample data” directory into root magento directory.
3. Create database and user for magento.
4. Import dump.sql from “sample data” directory into your database.
5. Copy directories “app” and “skin” from your “sample data” directory into root magento directory.
6. Run installer.
7. Login to your magento control panel and change the template to the TM one (e.g. templateXXX).
8. Go to frontend smile

NOTE: I’m talking about the “sample data” directory that comes with your TemplateMonster template in your “sources” archive.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwbrett

Total Posts:  1

I am laughing out loud!  Why oh WHY is the description of the installation of a 3rd party template REPEATEDLY glossed over with a simple “Uh, go into Admin and Change the Template”.

Yes, I’d love to CHANGE THE TEMPLATE!!… WHERE?  HOW?  Pretty please!!  (i.e.  Go here, Do this, then this, then this...)

I must be blind or ignorant but I can’t for the life of me find one simple, step-by-step description of Changing a Template in this forum, in the Users Manual I purchased (which also reminds “Developers” to see Chapter 12 of the 9 Chapter book...) or anywhere in the Google Support Desk.

I’m just as frustrated with “Updating Magento” ...where step-by-step description is lacking there as well...but I’ll leave my absolute confusion about that for another day.

Again...Pretty Please...and Thank You!

///UPDATED///
Found this...perhaps it will be of help to someone else mindlessly searching for simple directions:
http://www.templatemonster.com/help/files/Magento/how_to_install_magento_theme.htm

jb.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

I have had nothing but problems with templatemonster templates. Try to get support from them or updates to the templates, and they try to get you to pay for it. That’s crazy. I’ll never, every buy a template from Templatemonster!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community