Magento Forum

What page should I edit to add some details to the product details? 

seedeg

Total Posts:  85

Hi,

I need to find the php page of the products detail page. You can find a screenshot attached so you can understand exactly for what pages i’m referring to.

The Date of Arrival and Date of Departure are required and I must make some client side javascript validation in order to insert a datetime picker on the left of the textfield when it is clicked, since Magento custom options don’t have a date picker field, I will add it manually. I must then check that the date chosen falls withing the date of the course. (So the student cannot chose a date of arrival that falls into low season and buy a high season course)

The only other question is: how can I add these fields to the backend of the orders page so my client will know when his students have to arrive?

Also if you have some other alternative (specifically simpler than this… please let me know)

Thanks for any response in advance.

Image Attachments
productspage.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seedeg

Total Posts:  85

So I found a tutorial on how to create a custom date picker for magento at: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/how_to_add and I followed it step by step but firebug is firing 8 errors. Some of the errors are:

Calendar is not defined
invalid flag after regular expression
... and other undefined variables

I dont understand why this is happening. I put a javascript alert to check if front end’s calendar.phtml is being executed and yes it is being executed but the only line that is being executed without trouble is:

enUS = <?php echo $enUS?>; // en_US locale reference

As soon as it passes to the following line: Calendar._DN = <?php echo $days['wide']?>; // full day names it crashes because i created another javascript alert following that line and it wasn’t executed. Does someone know what is going on here??

The remaining thing that I wish to know is if the selected custom options information, such as date of arrival will be viewed in the backend so my client can check such data…

Regards,
seedeg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community