Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

left column category display problem

jackcobain

Total Posts:  25

Hello magento experts,

i have got a problem that i dont know how to solve. on the left side there is a listing of category. when i click on all the categories one by one all goes well except one cateogory “Railway clothing”. when i click on this category, output of the category block “left column” changes. i am not getting how i would solve this problem. [edited] this is the link. please see the block above the “Browse by categories” that doesnt come for other categories. this is the site url [edited]

awaiting for the help.

Thanks,
jackcobain

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Hi

It looks like the category railways-clothing is defines as anchor, thus causing the layered navigation to appear.
Just try changing the display settings for this category in the admin.

See the part about anchors here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/welcome_to_the_magento_user_s_guide/chapter_3#creating_categories
and here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/welcome_to_the_magento_user_s_guide/chapter_3#layered_navigation

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackcobain

Total Posts:  25

Hello ckosny,

cheers, You rock man.!! smile yes it has solved my problem.

i have same but different category problem on my another site and that is [edited]. when i click on all the other categories it goes well. but when i click on “New cars” -> “Audi” it keeps loading the page and never gets end. might be some kind of endless looping is going on. dont know how to solve it. please help me to solve it.

Thanks,
jackcobain.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Hi

Sorry, I can’t help you there. If this would be my server I most likely would add some judicious logging to some points (e.g. in the controller, in the main block or so) to see how far the request goes before it stalls. But I am really new to Magneto so I lack the experience to give you any tips on how to debug this. BTW: For me none of the categories work (I tried the used cars and the MOT stuff

BTW: It might be better to open a new thread on this problem as it is not related to the previous one at all.

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community