Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Re: Partner Program

supremecenterhosting.com

Total Posts:  3
USA

No offense meant but… isn’t the pricing levels for the partner program a little high considering:

1. Magento really has not been ‘tested’ in the eCommerce community.  Meaning, there are not many people using it to determine the actual market [end user] scope.

2. Its still a beta application

Paying as much as $3500 while still having to pay for training, certification, publications, professional services and sponsorship does not seem like much of a benefit to the partner. As a host I can offer hosting and installations of Magento without having to pay any fees or needing to purchase training, certification, publications, professional services and sponsorship.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

supremecenterhosting.com - 26 February 2008 12:00 PM

Paying as much as $3500 while still having to pay for training, certification, publications, professional services and sponsorship does not seem like much of a benefit to the partner. As a host I can offer hosting and installations of Magento without having to pay any fees or purchasing training, certification, publications, professional services and sponsorship.

Then it seems the partner program isn’t for you smile The partner program offers many incentives including lead generation, usage of a Magento partner logo, sales/RFP assistance, access to Magento support with guaranteed response times, join marketing activities and more.

As a host, I recommend you consider the Associate plan. The other plans are more geared towards System Integrators and consultants.

Thanks for the consideration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

RoyRubin - 26 February 2008 12:06 PM

The partner program offers many incentives including lead generation, usage of a Magento partner logo, sales/RFP assistance, access to Magento support with guaranteed response times, join marketing activities and more.

I think the lead generation and support components will be a great value for partners. I have a feeling Magento is going to explode across the e-commerce landscape, and there are going to be huge opportunities for designers, 3rd party developers and system integrators (among others). I’m looking forward to finding out more about the program!

Magento Community
Magento Community

nickweisser

Total Posts:  218
Zurich, Switzerland

I signed up as an Associate Partner on June, 8 and got an automated reply that

In order to provide you with the best service possible, please submit
a support ticket with all the relevant information.
Opening a support ticket is the only way to ensure that you will get
an answer in an orderly and timely manner.

Don’t have a support subscription, please refer to
http://www.magentocommerce.com/support/details for details on our
support programs.
Following your subscription, we will send you your user and password
for the Varien Support System, which will enable you to log support
tickets.

So it seems that I first have to pay $500 to join the silver support program in order to be able to send you a message to sign up as an associate partner which is a bit exaggerated, isn’t it?

Or do I just have to be more patient to be contacted without such a support subscription in an unorderly and untimely manner?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community