Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Selling in Beta

whoscart

Total Posts:  120

Please bear with me as I am new to this whole programming side to business. I know that the official release is sometime in March but is there any way to start an online store and sell products using the beta version? Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

No one ever Likes to reply to these Normally well thats What Ive noticed

Don’t do is the normal reaction and I to thought about it the same thing in the beginning

But after some time getting into the programming and templating I thinks its best to wait

its time to deal with lay out Design and product loading etc

Magento Community
Magento Community

Steve Yan

Total Posts:  9

It is the exception, rather than the norm to run beta software in a Production setting.  There are significant downside to implementing beta software - system crashes, unstable behavior, incomplete feature set, significant bugs, lack of support and information, no guarantee of any sort, etc).  Also, consider the fact that Magento warns users not to install the beta in Production.  They know best and it would be wise to take their recommendation.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community