Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image upload error on the front end. 

maxq

Total Posts:  126
Florida

I was really happy to see the image upload being added to this version. However I’m going to need it so customers can upload at least two images (for printing) but I’ll worry about that later.

For now I added the custom option of file in the product admin.
So the file field appears with a browse button (should really also have an upload button)

So I browse select an image then add it to the cart and then I get a “files upload failed” so I’m thinking this is a permissions problem?
Does anyone know how to fix this and or where the images goes when uploaded so I can check permissions on that folder?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

maxq

Total Posts:  126
Florida

Also even if you select it as not required, you get a fail error when trying to add it to the cart!

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hey max.

did you resolve this issue?

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

London, United Kingdom

hi,

i managed to fix this issue with a custom theme im working with. Thanks to stevedupont for pointing me in the right direction!

in the product/view.phtml do the following:

look for

<form action="<?php echo $this->getAddToCartUrl($_product) ?>" method="post" id="product_addtocart_form">

and replace with

<form action="<?php echo $this->getAddToCartUrl($_product) ?>" method="post" id="product_addtocart_form"<?php if($_product->getOptions()): ?> enctype="multipart/form-data"<?php endif; ?>>

hth
brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

London, United Kingdom

hi,

i managed to fix this issue with a custom theme im working with. Thanks to stevedupont for pointing me in the right direction!

look for

<form action="<?php echo $this->getAddToCartUrl($_product) ?>" method="post" id="product_addtocart_form">

and replace with

<form action="<?php echo $this->getAddToCartUrl($_product) ?>" method="post" id="product_addtocart_form"<?php if($_product->getOptions()): ?> enctype="multipart/form-data"<?php endif; ?>>

hth
brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

London, United Kingdom

hi,

look for

and replace with

hth
brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

iConsultants.eu S.Buckpesch

Total Posts:  19

Yeahhh that solved my problem! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Giannis-M-