Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Work with gift cards or stored value systems that are built in? 

heartglass

Total Posts:  1

I want to use Magento for my next project, but before I can commit to it, i have to confirm that it can handle this particular need:

The client will be giving its customers store credit to use on anything in the store. The amount of the credit could be very large (in the thousands of dollars), such that they may not use it up at once, and may have to return to the store several times in order to deplete it. Thus, the store must be able to track the stored value for each account and allow customers to use it on future purchases.

I know there are gift card systems out there that can do this, but it would be nice if there were an in-store solution so that we could avoid transaction and monthly fees.

ideally, store admins would be able to add value to the account if possible, but that’s not necessary.

and of course, the store will be able to process normal credit card-based transactions.

any ideas on how to do this with Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

beautifugarbage

Total Posts:  20

@heartglass

check out this extension… it may accomplish what you need…
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/751/gift-certificates--virtual-cards

If not you could also try contacting the developer directly… often they are willing to help customize their extensions?

In general the magento extensions are a great way to expand magentos default functionality!
It seems that the extensions community is growing, so check back frequently!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webtex

Total Posts:  219
Minneapolis, USA

Hi,

Seems that our extension does everything what you need. Please check http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/gift-cards.html

Regards, Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community