Magento Forum

Unable to put HTML in Description fields. 

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

I tried putting an <a> tag and the <?=this->getUrl('')?> function in the description. Neither of them showed up. Are there any fixes or workarounds for this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

No ideas guys?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

ohminu - 27 February 2008 04:54 PM

This works fine IF you make sure to first select the correct store first...make sure to select your store first (example: English Store), and then put your description. Works like a charm smile

This was the exact problem I was running into. I was making edits to the product description in the Default store, and so the changes were not showing up in the English store. By selecting English from the pull-down menu and then updating the product description with the HTML, everything works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Tansau: it’s not that it disallows, you just do not see your changes on English store, because they were saved as Default Values only. Values for English store stayed as they were before your update (without HTML).

Magento Community
Magento Community

iguru
Guru

Total Posts:  331
Děčín, Czech Republic

@ohminu: Waw. How did you find this procedure… Good work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smikes

Total Posts:  12

In response to this:

Hi there *Dr. Spock*-

This works fine IF you make sure to first select the correct store first.
So if you want your product to show

<p><strong>Long live Dr. Spock! Long live Star Trek!</strong></p> in your product description, make sure to select your store first (example: English Store), and then put your description. Works like a charm

I am very new to magento.  I am trying to make sure I have my store selected but not seeing how to do this.  Can youi clarify exactely how to make sure ou select your store first?  I only have 1 default store setup so I thought everything would be defaulted to it.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community