Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need a Matrix for product quick create

chrisrboggs

Total Posts:  9

Magento needs to create a matrix creator to use when creating configurable products.  That would make my day because I’ve had to create so many configurable products using the quick create method and I’ve gone totally numb/insane making the ones that have 500-1000 simple product variations.  Clicking and clicking and clicking....clicc.kkclnggg.

It would be a lot more simple if there was a matrix (one for size and color for example) were I could just say this size has all of these colors and the next has these and so on.  At the very least there should be a quick view or diagram that lists all of the products that I’ve just created (when using quick create) so I can see what’s missing.  The “Super product attributes configuration” container just isn’t the same. 

Please Magento...help me out.

My store is www.miaandmaggie.com by the way.  You can see that all I deal with is size and color for the most part.  I bet there are tons of other stores that would benefit from this matrix too.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

emeraldco

Total Posts:  29

Well there IS this feature, kinda.  All you need to do is do it in bulk in the spreadsheet software of your choice, then save it and upload it into magento.  The easy way to do this is to first just export All products, then edit the file, then import all products.  You will still need to add photos and such but the vast majority of the work is done.  You can even get these files from other stores and add their inventory to your store.  I do this and I give my resellers a 20% discount and I drop ship for them, this is the core of my business.  You can easilly copy/paste huge amounts of data in excel, and do it VERY fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

Even once all the simple products are created, it takes to long to associate 500 simple products with each configurable product. I don’t know why they didn’t make the duplicate product feature attach the associated products too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

soleandblues

Total Posts:  25
St. Louis

I agree, a matrix would be the best solution. It’s too time consuming doing it any other way. It’s drives me insane to waste so much time. Please Magento, implement a better inventory process to bring your product closer to the masses.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Now, with the Aitoc’s product matrix extension you can create hundreds of products in minutes. For more details please see the product page: http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_product_matrix.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

dcolum23

Total Posts:  14

Yes… but that extension only allows for 2 attributes.

Come on guys, not all of us are selling T-Shirts with two configurable attributes: Size, Color.

If only…

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

US

dcolum23 - 11 November 2011 09:38 AM

Yes… but that extension only allows for 2 attributes.

Come on guys, not all of us are selling T-Shirts with two configurable attributes: Size, Color.

If only…

It’s in development right now, will be released shortly smile Follow us on Facebook to be notified when the extension is ready.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dcolum23

Total Posts:  14

It’s in development right now, will be released shortly smile Follow us on Facebook to be notified when the extension is ready.

That’s GREAT news! Any idea on timeline?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

US

Hopefully it’ll be released within a month from now

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community