Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

USPS Flat rate box

Nofosg8

Total Posts:  93

The 1.3 update actually worked great for me for once...lol There is an issue with the USPS flat rate box however - I still cannot use that option - Anyone else with the same issue? Mine just tells me the option is unavailable- it was the same in the last 1.2.0 version....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ModifyMage

Total Posts:  84

Same here. Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box does not show up in frontend as a shipping option. I’ve tried several configurations in the backend with no luck.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Found a fix here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/33355/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nofosg8

Total Posts:  93

This problem has been around for a few releases now - This is a very simple issue that should have been resolved a few releases ago. I have seen a few different posts about it not working correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Evoksha

Total Posts:  5
Los Angeles

Even if the USPS flat rate boxes are showing up as a shipping option, Magento still might display a box size that the items in the cart don’t fit! Therefore, many retailers are forced to disable flat rate boxes or use other shipping methods as an alternative, despite the considerable savings of using USPS flat rate boxes.

If you or a client want to display cheaper, more accurate shipping rates to customers, we offer an extension that solves this problem. Using USPS flat rate boxes successfully as a shipping method means either a) creating complicated business rules that approximate the cost for you, or b) using an extension that automatically figures out if the goods in a customer’s cart fit into one of the flat rate boxes. To make things simple for retailers, our extension does the latter, always ensuring that the right flat rate box is displayed to customers.

Do the math wink and check out our USPS Flat Rate Box extension on Magento Connect. We’ll be happy to help you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community