Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

new way to calculate the price of products? 

alanin

Total Posts:  67
Nordhausen, Germany

Hello,

i am trying to play with the Magento Store and i do love it, but it seems i have a lack of understanding the code… wink

My problem: I am trying to implement a new way to calculate the price of the products, cause we have alot of costumers and they pay different prices - based on a lot of different stuff. Where would be the best point to put in my own code? I’ve tried to extend the Class the way it was shown in the Breadcrumb how-to, but i think i am unable to find out the correct block to rewrite/load my file. The breadcrumb stuff worked without problems and i think i understood the way its working…

Another problem is, that i were unable to find out how to make a query to the database yet - just with a seperate sql connection, which is not the best way i asume…

I would be thankful for every help or tipp u could give me
Thanks Alanin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alanin

Total Posts:  67
Nordhausen, Germany

is it right, that i would try to extend the class which is used in core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product.php ??!

and how would i get data from another table in database, in this example the values for changing the base price - would i have to extend the model of the products? to connect it with the users?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community