Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3.0 Bundle Product Dynamic Price Issue

provoscooter

Total Posts:  28
Utah

As far as i can tell no one has mentioned this one yet.

I recently upgraded to 1.3.0 and thought all was well until i noticed something weird happening with my bundled product.

We use dynamic prices in our bundled product, and now it is taking the percent that i input as the actual price of the product. It is doing it in the most unusual way though. It displays the overall price as what i set as the percent, and then in the dropdowns for the various selections for products it displays the percent as well unless the price is lower, in which case it displays the lower price. but the “price as configured” appears to be accurate.

For example we have a scooter parts store. You can buy a bundled performance kit which consists of a pipe, variator and clutch springs. We set the dynamic price percent as 95 so the customer gets a 5% discount. When you see the product in the catalog it says the price is $95. Then when you go into the product page it says $268.00. The pipe then says it costs $95 even though it is more expensive than that and the variator says $89, and the clutch springs say $10 which are both correct without the discount applied.

http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/yamaha/yamaha-vino-classic-50-2t/stage-one-performance-vino-2t.html

does anyone else have a similar issue or suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

no suggestions unfortunately but a similar issue..
we had bundle products with a simlar 5% discount (95% special price)
after the update the total price at the top of the product page displays the correct price (including the discount) but
all the individual products display the non-discounted amount and when you add the bundle to the cart it doesn’t apply the discount.

We couldn’t find an easy way around this so have had to cancel the discount for the moment…

Magento Community
Magento Community

provoscooter

Utah

Thanks for the reply. I’ve left the bundled products on the site but deleted the discount as well.
This seems to be a pretty big bug as bundled products are a pretty core feature.

Does anyone know what if this has been reported?

Magento Community
Magento Community

impact

Total Posts:  12

Maybe I have a similar problem:

I have bundled products with a core product of 0,00.
The ‘options’ cost 4,00 and 10,00 so the range should be from 4 to 10.

In the catalog view (list and matrix) it shows: from 8 to 14
So the first value is added twice.

In the detailed product view it shows correctly: from 4 to 10.

Noticed this problem only in 1.3.0 and no problems in 1.2.1.2

Thanks for helping!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

provoscooter

Utah

Here is an update:

It looks like someone has submitted this issue and that it has bee assigned.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=5818

Magento Community
Magento Community

strobolus

Total Posts:  14

does anybody know if this bug has been fixed?
it seems the issue has been resolved

but I tried to configure a magento store using 1.3.1
and the problem is still there

can anybody confirm the issue has been resolved?

Magento Community
Magento Community

impact

Total Posts:  12

Same question over here (and same problem grin)

Magento Community
Magento Community

advocat

Total Posts:  99
UA Kyiv

For Special Price bug - modify

app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Price.php
before

protected function _applySpecialPrice($product$finalPrice)

{

return self::calculateSpecialPrice($finalPrice$product->getSpecialPrice(), $product->getSpecialFromDate(), $product->getSpecialToDate(), $product->getStore());

}
after

{

return $this->calculateSpecialPrice($finalPrice$product->getSpecialPrice(), $product->getSpecialFromDate(), $product->getSpecialToDate(), $product->getStore());

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

strobolus

Total Posts:  14

Hi advocat

thanks for the update
will try the fix later!

Magento Community
Magento Community

narcoclepsy

Total Posts:  10

Advocat, Thanks, this looks like it does the trick.

EDIT: However, is it normal behavior that the percentage discount continues to the fixed price upgrades? Say I have a product for 20$, with a 75% of price sale. a fixed price upgrade that costs 4 dollars gets marked down to 3 dollars. Perhaps this is standard behavior, ... but Ideally the upgrades would be un-discounted… Does anyone know how one could accomplish this? Thanks-

Magento Community
Magento Community

ausbod

Total Posts:  2

@advocat Thanks for the code update. It corrects the issues on the product page.

Unfortunately, there seems to a remaining issue that when the bundle is added to the cart none of the discounts shown on the product page are applied.

From the bug incidnet above the Magento team have said it will be in the next bugfix release but they also said that before 1.3.1.1 and it was not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fight and Flight Tactical

Total Posts:  16

advocat - 03 May 2009 12:59 AM

For Special Price bug - modify

app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Price.php
before

{

return self::calculateSpecialPrice($finalPrice$product->getSpecialPrice(), $product->getSpecialFromDate(), $product->getSpecialToDate(), $product->getStore());

}
after

{

return $this->calculateSpecialPrice($finalPrice$product->getSpecialPrice(), $product->getSpecialFromDate(), $product->getSpecialToDate(), $product->getStore());

}

I’ve just upgraded to 1.3.2.2, and have the same issue...but, the code fix you mention here is already in the new Price.php, but the problem persists.  Any ideas?  Anyone else having this issue? 

Specifically what it is doing is only adding the price of the last 2 of 6 items (tried varying sort order, required yes/no, etc) in 2 six-item bundles, and calculating $0.00 for the 4-item bundles, not using those 2 items.  The price issue only exists in list and grid views as well as the base price.  “Price as Configured” works perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

advocat

UA Kyiv

@Fight and Flight Tactical: Go to System -> Cache Management
and run Refresh Layered Navigation Indices

If after refresh the problem still persists
1. Please, write list of installed additional extensions
2. Detail about a bundle product settings and a dump fragment from catalog_product_bundle_price_index table for product

Magento Community
Magento Community

scjunkies

Total Posts:  55
Houston, Texas, USA

I had a 0.00 price on my bundle products when i upgraded to 1.3.2.2 but refreshing the layered navigation indices fixed it for me.  Hopefully, the problem won’t come back as i think it was ok for a few days after the upgrade and then it suddenly started showing as 0.00.

Magento Community
Magento Community

advocat

UA Kyiv

Yes, If a bundle product doesn’t have required selection - started showing as 0.00.
This issue fixed in trunk and available in next release

Magento Community
Magento Community

gplanchat

Total Posts:  1
Le Puy en Velay

If a bundled product in a required option is inactive, the bundle price will not consider the option.

I made a patch here : http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=6857

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community