Magento Forum

Showoff Forum

creat1ve

Total Posts:  10

I think I speak for many when I say that I’d rather see more custom installations here than just seeing the same demo.  So lets fire up some adobe apps and get this thing crackin’ people.  If we keep this alive with the support of varien we’ll be like “oscommerce who??” lol.  Thanks for your time !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Howson

Total Posts:  28
UK (Weather: Cold and Rainy)

I agree with you completely, but from reading the threads feel some participants in the community could do with some more manners, with particular regard to those criticizing the work of others. We’re all here because we love Magento, no need to fall out about it!

I think as a community we should work on creating some forum rules to suggest to the guys at Varien, so we can all be part of the solution to making the forum a better place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

We’re working, we’re working (well, some of us any way) wink

Give it a couple more days, I’m sure you’ll start seeing things pop up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johan

Total Posts:  104
Sweden

I agree and I think showing off default templates helps nobody.

On other ecommerce forums I’ve tried to find inspiration and see if anyone has built any awesome customized projects using the platform. But looking at the “Showoff forum” all I find is thousands of posts with stock layout or slightly edited using colors.

It would be annoying to find the same here. I’d rather see people who put a lot of work into customizing their store, rather than wade through thousands of standard template stores with a custom logo on it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzCart

Total Posts:  36
NW Ohio–USA

AT the very least, and in the interim, if you are showing a cart (for now) that is more or less the basic install, but maybe you have added some functionality.
Please mention what it is that has been added, sort of like a plugin type of thing or something.
We all may not be that familiar with the default installation features, and not notice that you have added something totally Wow-ish.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mckooter

Total Posts:  91

yes the showoff forum should be for sites that actually show off more than the demo, but its too soon to see real sites, and some just want to share what they have, patience and you will soon see things that are much more impressive, i wish i could give a percentage on my site/design but its too hard to calculate, hopefully within the week ill have something “different”

Magento Community
Magento Community

kingrrr

Total Posts:  6

In a website, you have two differents parts, the content and the design. 

<Jsperri> show a site with more than the basic magento contents (products, category, etc.).  I don’t think it has many people who have entered hundred of products.

I like to see new template/design, but i’m more a developer than a designer and seeing a site with more products (more than a thousand) help to show and find strange behaviors.

On the other hand, i’ld like to see a new template to figure out all possibility as we have seen in osccomerce. 

Who’s ready ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

Speaking of my demo, I focused on providing a real life example with filled data for categories, products and attributes.
The site contains about 5 000 products and I believe it’s helpful for the community to test features such as layered
navigation, product comparison and general behaviour of the shop with a thousands of products in the catalog.
Also it revealed some “flaws” in the actual price filter (see Rusty’s message in the thread about my demo).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community