Magento Forum

Unable to Add Products with Custom Options to the Cart

BrightWeb Marketing

Total Posts:  7

I recently upgraded a website to version 1.3.0.  At first, the upgrade seemed to go without a hitch.  Then I discovered that products with custom options could not be added to the cart.  I get the error message “Please specify the product required option(s)” even when I have selected the product option from the select box.  I searched the forum and saw that other people were having the same issue.  For some of those people, re-saving the product fixed the error.  This is not the case with me.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Doug

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

This is the way it currently works. I did a clean install on a test server and it also requires you to make a selection to add it to the cart.

All of our products have the custom options so this not working is huge for us. Right now we just have to go back in and make sure each product has a “no thank you” option, so it can be selected and added to the cart. Not a good solution, but it is what has to be done for it to function until this issue is resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BrightWeb Marketing

Dustin.  Adding a “no thank you” option does not work in my case.  Regardless of the type of custom option added, I get the error message.  It’s as though Magento does not realize that I’ve made a selection when I click the “add to cart” button.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

Custom options buggered again? ::sigh::
I had a very similar issue in 1.2.1 only for it to be fixed in 1.2.1.1 only for it apparently to be broken again in 1.3.

File a bug report, if there hasn’t already been one filed.
Bugs like these are a deal breaker for many, if not most adopters.  Sticking with 1.2.1.2 for now as 1.3 appears to have some bugs which are critical for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

winterradio

Total Posts:  84

This post offers a temporary fix:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/37336/P15/#t123951

Magento Community
Magento Community

BrightWeb Marketing

That “fix” gets the product in the cart (without options) and a new error message:

“Some of the products below don’t have all the required options. Please remove them and add again with all the required options.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

AngelEyes

Total Posts:  74

I also have this problem since upgrading to 1.3 anyone have a solution yet?

Thanks,

Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

bestylest

Total Posts:  15

Hi there, this post was written very long time ago.

However, Hope this solution that I came out with, will help other people like me spending 3 days..

This is what I got:

First I had a problem with “add to cart” (adding configurable products) when I am using Internet Explorer.
“add to car” button” only leads to adding configurable products when I am using Google chrome & safari.

When I checked on
app/design/frontend/theme/theme/template/catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml

<?php $_product $this->getProduct(); ?>
<?php $buttonTitle 
$this->__('Add to Cart'); ?>
<?php 
if($_product->isSaleable()): ?>

<div class="add-to-cart clearfix">

<
button type="button" title="<?php echo $buttonTitle ?>" class="button btn-cart" onclick="productAddToCartForm.submit(this)"><span><span><?php echo $buttonTitle ?></span></span></button>
           <
input type="text" name="qty" id="qty" maxlength="12" value="<?php echo $this->getProductDefaultQty() * 1 ?>" title="<?php echo $this->__('Qty') ?>" class="input-text qty" />

<?php if(!$_product->isGrouped()): ?>

<label for="qty"><?php echo $this->__('Qty:'?></label>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml(''truetrue?>

</div>
</
form>
<?php endif; ?>

but when I looked at code clearly, I found out why there is a </form> right before <?php endif; ?>

So.. please delete </form> and save.
Then using “add to cart” button with Internet Explore will be able to add configurable items.

Hope this solution will help other people like me, struggling for 3 days. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community