Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Some questions about Magento’s functionality

lbunks

Total Posts:  32

Hi community,

I would like to ask some questions about the features of Magento because we plan to build up our new ERP solution. In this case I looked around and found that great project.

We are working with multiple proicelist’s per cutomer

eg.

Customer A Pricelist 1 | Pricelist 100 | Pricelist 73
Customer B Pricelist 3 | Pricelist 100 | Pricelist 75

In the Pricelist’s are various items

eg

Product A | Pricelist 1 = € 1,00 | Pricelist 100 = € 0,9 ......
Product B | Pricelist 1 = € 1,20 | Pricelist 100 = € 1,00 ....

What I like to ask

1) Is an import from our ERP to Magento with vaues like this possible
2) Does Magento check if there is a better price in an other pricelist for this customer .. and take this price (bestprice-finding functionality)

We have at the moment more than 5.ooo customers / 400 pricelists and over 60.ooo products in our stock and sell mostly in our stores or by a print-catalog

Sorry for my poor english ...native german speaking

Your
lbunks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Udi

Total Posts:  10

lbunks,

1) Is an import from our ERP to Magento with vaues like this possible

I would need a little more information from you before I can answer if Magento native can support this.
Is the customer pricelist essentially a % off whatever produt price is shown?

2) Does Magento check if there is a better price in an other pricelist for this customer .. and take this price (bestprice-finding functionality)
This will definitely have to be a custom solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbunks

Total Posts:  32

Hello Udi,

thanks for your answer

Question 1) At the moment I have no runing installation of Magento ... So it is’nt possible to try - Our ERP is at the moment in the beginning of development. This is the second reason why I’m not able to try this out. - I found Magento and wrote this post because II have to decide what shop solution I should take and how to build the bridge between the ERP and Shop

Question 2) The customer prices don’t based an any % off - the prices are real amounts.
The concept of our now used ERP / and our NEW ERP is:

- 1 coustomer can have “N” pricelists
- 1 pricelist can include “N” products
- 1 pricelist can be used by “N” customers
- If a Customer have no “own” pricelist the ERP takes a default pricelist based on the customer group
- The prices in the pricelist are in real €
- If the customer have multiple pricelists the system will check the product prices eg
pricelist 1 = € 1,00 | pricelist 2 = € 0,90 | pricelist 123 = € 1,10 - the system will take € 0,90 for this customer OR take the price from the default pricelist if the price is the smallest.

Thank
Lars

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community