Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Additional Information

daza2304

Total Posts:  15

Hi all, im no sure if im missing somethng but on my product description i would like additional information for system specs, is there away to do this? i have seen this used on a few demo stores and was wondering if it was easy to do?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

Log into the admin magento demo store and see how they implement there static blocks and cms pages its all there for the taking and manipulating

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

I think for specs per product, you’re probably better off creating a new attribute or several.  Then add them to the attribute set you’re using.  Then go back to your products and fill in your new fields.

If you make sure when you create the attributes to set the “frontend” setting for “Visible on Catalog Pages on Front-end” to “yes” then they’ll be displayed in the product collateral area at the bottom of the product detail page automatically.  You may or may not like that formatting, but the data’ll be there and you can manipulate it from there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Hi,

Also related to this I would like to break the displayed attributes found by default in the ‘Additional Information’ Product Table to different parts of the product page.

So, say Instead of the standard block that includes all:

<?php if ($_additional $this->getChildHtml('additional')):?>

<div class="collateral-box">
                <
div class="head">
                    <
h4><?php echo $this->__('Additional Information'?></h4>
                </
div>

<?php echo $_additional ?>

</div>

<?php endif;?>
To say pull out the individual components of the list and display accordingly? Not all together.

Can anyone help push us in the right direction?

Thanks in advance! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

i’d be interested in finding out more about this as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community