Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

POS system recommendation for hybrid store (online and brick and mortar with both physical and virtual products)

Brant_C

Total Posts:  1

We are building a site for a client that has a brick and mortar location as well as online web sales. They sell ecommerce goods as well as virtual goods (tour & rental bookings).

The Magento community database is going to manage their tangible and virtual goods with a Google Calendar scheduler integration, but we need a POS system for them to use in their brick and mortar shop (kayak tours & rentals). In should include or support a code reader and credit card scanner. They run a very high volume seasonally so having excellent customer support is important as well.

We are running into issues with their existing POS (Lightspeed) not syncing well with Magento community. Currently they have Macs but would be open to switching to PC if the POS system is a major improvement.

Any insight you have would be very helpful!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

Hi there,

This is something we run into all the time and have experience (and a solution) to help sync your client’s Magento store with a POS system. We work with Microsoft Dynamics RMS (POS), one of the most popular out there. Using the nChannel connector for Microsoft Dynamics RMS you can quickly and easily integrate and connect your Microsoft POS system to a variety of eCommerce, ERP and accounting systems, including Magento.

You can read more here: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-microsoft-dynamics-rms-2/

Or feel free to give me a call or drop me an email.

Darren
info@nChannel.com
1-800-406-8217

Magento Community
Magento Community

lsujoe

Total Posts:  31

You may want to checkout our POS System IWDPOS.com .

- It is fully integrated with Magento in real time. No syncing required since it is built on the Magento framework.
- It is compatible with credit card scanner.
- You only have to setup products once in Magento and inventory is kept real time.
- It also will keep track of sales by associate and by store.
- It is 99% open source so you can alter it for you specific business requirements / needs.

Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sassymillar

Total Posts:  1

Hi all,

This pos software is the latest hybrid, I think this one should sink well. Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Hey Brant,

Did you ever change your POS system? What did you go with?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ITCrazy

Total Posts:  10

Yeah, I would like to know as well. I’m looking for a better solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

ITCrazy - 26 August 2013 11:53 PM

Yeah, I would like to know as well. I’m looking for a better solution.

I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you use Mircosoft Dynamics POS (RMS), we provide a fully integrated solution with Magento. Once downloaded, the nChannel connector for RMS starts copying your customer, item, sales and supplier data to the nChannel platform.

Feel free to read more: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-microsoft-dynamics-rms-2/

Darren
info@nChannel.com
1-800-406-8217

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community