Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product per page setting

GregC

Total Posts:  76
A^2, MI

Hi all,

I’m trying to change the products per page setting and need some help.  In older versions, I had to edit /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/List/Toolbar.php to change the array values.  However, now that’s been externalized using the call to getNode

$perPageValues Mage::getConfig()->getNode('frontend/catalog/per_page_values/grid');

However, I can’t find where the value is set.  I’ve looked in all the logical places I can think of and even taken a stab at adding it to the db in the core_config_data table - all without luck.  Because I need this for a demo tomorrow, I’ve hacked in the array values as needed.  I would like to know the correct way to do it, if anyone knows.

Thanks!

GregC

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Daim

Total Posts:  172
Germany

You find the Values in this config file:

/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/etc/config.xml

<per_page_values>
<grid>9,15,30</grid>
<list>20,50,75,100</list>
</per_page_values>

Magento Community
Magento Community

GregC

Total Posts:  76
A^2, MI

of course wink so many config files - so little time.

I should have just created a local copy of Magento and wingrep’ed it for the values

thanks for your help!

Greg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community