Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[BUG] session_start after checking root url

sid

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

First, thx for the lauch of this app, i’m very impatient to discover it !!! smile

This is my 2 cents with a bug when i install magento and that i check the root url (redirect to /install/ is ok) :

Warningsession_start() [function.session-start]open(/home/digiads/web/www/mg/var/session/sess_0a96c9a8c82192506e7065595ac20f52O_RDWRfailedPermission denied (13in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 49
[0] in session_start
() in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 49
[1] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien
->start() in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session.php on line 32
[2] in Mage_Core_Model_Session
->__construct(Array[0]in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 550
[3] in Mage_Core_Model_Config
->getModelInstance("core/session"Array[0]in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/Mage.php on line 240
[4] in Mage
::getModel("core/session"Array[0]in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/Mage.php on line 247
[5] in Mage
::getSingleton("core/session"in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 71
[6] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action
->__construct(Zend_Controller_Request_HttpZend_Controller_Response_Httpin /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 124
[7] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard
->match(Zend_Controller_Request_Httpin /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 139
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front
->dispatch() in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/app/Mage.php on line 349
[9] in Mage
::run("base"in /home/digiads/web/www/mg/index.php on line 27

I imagine that the session_start bug is not the true cause, but i don’t know why i have this message.

I have only downlad the file, put it on directory /mg/ in my website, set perms to the good directory (via ssh) and run root url.
I use Apache 1.3 on debian/etch php5/mysql5

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

clayton

Total Posts:  2
Twin Cities

Try this:
chown apache:apache /home/digiads/web/www/mg/var/session/

or.. if all else fails
chmod 777 /home/digiads/web/www/mg/var/session/

Magento Community Magento Community