Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Rule Help

JosephBonham

Total Posts:  7

We have a customer who buys a variety of products from us with fixed pricing. How do I create a rule that allows him to use a coupon code to do so. I don\\\’t want to have to create \\\"ghost products or ghost categories\\\” to do this. I just want to simply add multiple products that have different discounts to the cart once our customer has added what they want and he puts in his code he gets his special pricing. We can\\\’t do a % discount due to the products having different margins. Is there any way to get around this? Or do i have to create a new product for each original product with his price and create a new category for the shopping cart rule, also would I have to create an individual shopping cart rule for each specially priced item?

Thanks,

Joseph

joseph@e4strategies.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JosephBonham

So basically, I can not do what I want to do unless I jump through a bunch of hoops with my current set up or purchase a $300 program that should have been implemented in the original software? Got to love that. I really wish more companies would cater to the needs of their customer’s rather than leave out simple options to make more money from the small businesses. I do enjoy Magento for the most part but when I run in to scenarios like this the answer always seems to add up to more money via: spending more man hours to solve the issue or buying a product as I stated before should have been an option in the original software.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JosephBonham

Here\’s an example of what I want to do.

Customer has discounted fixed amount pricing for individual items.
How do I create a rule without having to create duplicate products with different prices, and multiple rules.

I just want one rule with fixed discounted pricing for multiple products.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community