Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t export big profiles, allowed memory size error

kanixd

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

I’m now running Magento 1.3.0 and everything seems to be OK, except for one thing. Now I’m unable to export profiles featuring more than about 1000 products. I get this message in the profile window:

Fatal errorAllowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3145728 bytesin /usr/home/shibuyacomics.com/web/store/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php on line 691

I was able to run this kind of profiles in 1.2.2, and server limit is 64MB btw.

Any guesses about how to resolve this 1.3.0 small issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Total Posts:  21

Same problem here… I’m looking into it with my host provider… I will post if I get some answers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Hi,

I’ve just chatted with my host provider… And the solution was to update the memory from 64MB upwards. I think Magento recommends a minimum of 128MB to run (this was already the case on the previous Magento)…

I’ve just updated mine to 1024MB and it’s solved hundreds of little bugs that I had spent numerous hours trying to fix… 5 minutes to do these changes have revolutionnised my Magento life wink. Well at least I think so. I will post here if I have any other problems or solutions…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Total Posts:  142

Mat123Slade - 05 April 2009 10:19 AM

Hi,

I’ve just chatted with my host provider… And the solution was to update the memory from 64MB upwards. I think Magento recommends a minimum of 128MB to run (this was already the case on the previous Magento)…

I’ve just updated mine to 1024MB and it’s solved hundreds of little bugs that I had spent numerous hours trying to fix… 5 minutes to do these changes have revolutionnised my Magento life wink. Well at least I think so. I will post here if I have any other problems or solutions…

Can you please tell how you solved the problem in more details?
Did you change memory limit in php.ini file or did something else?

I have the same problem after upgrading to 1.3 and probably many more people also.
I tried to change memory limit in php.ini but it did not help.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

epokid

Total Posts:  1

this would be interested for me, too!

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Hi,

Yes, I changed the memory lmit in the php.ini and I’m no longer having memory issues that were causing numerous bugs. This is the only change I made that solved tons of small bugs…

I’m sorry if this doesn’t work for you. I hope you come up with an easy to fix and find solution.

Does this memory limit correct bugs for someone ?

Best Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Mat123Slade - 07 April 2009 08:03 AM

Hi,

Yes, I changed the memory lmit in the php.ini and I’m no longer having memory issues that were causing numerous bugs. This is the only change I made that solved tons of small bugs…

I’m sorry if this doesn’t work for you. I hope you come up with an easy to fix and find solution.

Does this memory limit correct bugs for someone ?

Best Regards.

Can you tell please in what directory you changed the php.ini file?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

php.ini is usualy at the root of your server public_html.
But you will need to confirm this with your web host. Some hosts will not let you modify this file. This file has nothing to do with Magento, this file is to do with the server php settings. Have a chat with your host, they should be able to guide you in minutes…
Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Thanks,
yes I talked to my host and they allowed me to modify the file.
The thing is that it didn’t help unfortunately.
I hope that Magento team will find a solution. Before upgrade to version 1.3 I didn’t have that problem with the same export profile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sptman

Total Posts:  14

You don’t have to bother your Host Provider to solve this issue. Instead, if you’re not running PHP in CLI mode, you can easily edit the .htaccess file to overwrite the memory_limit setting.

Find .htaccess file in Magento root directory? Bingo! Open and edit it. You’ll find the following line.

php_value memory_limit 128M

Change it to a higher value. Magento official recommendation is no less than 256Mb (preferably 512). There you go. It worked for me perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

developerindia

Total Posts:  58

sptman - 12 May 2010 07:54 PM

You don’t have to bother your Host Provider to solve this issue. Instead, if you’re not running PHP in CLI mode, you can easily edit the .htaccess file to overwrite the memory_limit setting.

Find .htaccess file in Magento root directory? Bingo! Open and edit it. You’ll find the following line.

Change it to a higher value. Magento official recommendation is no less than 256Mb (preferably 512). There you go. It worked for me perfectly.

This is work for me also.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sexiaoxiang

Total Posts:  15

sptman - 12 May 2010 07:54 PM

It’s work perfect !

Magento Community
Magento Community

informatikadomicile

Total Posts:  6

Your are right .
By optimizing the php memory limit to 512M that’s ok.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community