Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Magento İphone App. An Iphone application for the backend

burak özDEMİR

Total Posts:  26

Wouldn’t it be nice to manage your store with a dedicated iphone application? Title ‘Magento’ in the Itunes app store… Wouldn’t it be exciting?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopMagCart

Total Posts:  70

I second that, but not just for the iPhone.  Let’s process orders (create/invoice/credit/ship) and manage customers right from any mobile device.  I think having the whole interface maybe too much, but a basic interface would be great!  Imagine people who have a physical location and web presence.  Wouldn’t it be great to stand in front of a customer and take the order right there.  I know there is a mobile app for the front end, but I’d like to do it from the admin side.  My merchant account has a mobile app, so I’m half way there.  I have to stop dreaming now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

daniel broche

Total Posts:  1
Toulouse

I am looking for a Android application that can quickly and easily get reports from Magento backoffice

This will be very useful to follow shop activity from everywhere

Who is ready to develop this ? for sure many merchands will be ready to pay for such an apps !

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Hello guys,

We are already developing the application for all mobile platforms for Magento. Feel free to contact us if you have any ideas about the features you want to see in this apps. We are always open for the discussion. We will let you know when we finish.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

StoreSync

Total Posts:  12

Good news! Extended services, including native iPhone support, are now available to Magento storeowners via StoreSyncâ„¢!

StoreSyncâ„¢ is proud to be the industry’s first service provider to offer native iPhone support for Magento storeowners.

View orders, products, sales statistics, and more, with less than 2 minutes of setup.

In addition to the iPhone, StoreSyncâ„¢ also offers services to sync with your desktop and Facebook pages, with more services additionally being developed.

We’re looking for Beta testers, and would love to have your support!

Visit our website at http://www.storesyncapp.com, our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/StoreSync/93117458226 and join our group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=89091578308

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Does StoreSync’s server relay/proxy our sensitive data or does the iPhone app interface directly with our own server?

Magento Community
Magento Community

StoreSync

J.T. - 22 June 2009 11:39 PM

Does StoreSync’s server relay/proxy our sensitive data or does the iPhone app interface directly with our own server?

StoreSyncâ„¢ aggregates customer’s data in order to reduce delivery and processing times, in addition to easy extensions into other service areas such as the desktop and Facebook pages.

No sensitive data, such as credit card numbers, are stored in our databases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

Where would that data travel to physically, which country?

Regardless, I think I’ll hold out for a direct interface.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StoreSync

J.T. - 24 June 2009 04:45 AM

Where would that data travel to physically, which country?

Regardless, I think I’ll hold out for a direct interface.

The data is stored with the Rackspace Cloud service in their Dallas, TX facility.

We’ve chosen to bypass the direct interface for many reasons, namely for the expansion of services that we will be offering and to reduce the transfer and processing time of unneeded data sent via the API.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

OK Thanks.

I understand the route you take and it matching your business model and roadmap.

Because of the nature of our business, we can’t have any data move outside the EU. That would rule out us using something that “proxies” the data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StoreSync

J.T. - 24 June 2009 05:22 AM

OK Thanks.

I understand the route you take and it matching your business model and roadmap.

Because of the nature of our business, we can’t have any data move outside the EU. That would rule out us using something that “proxies” the data.

Interesting… Would simply having a data store location in Europe solve the problem? We want to support our European customers as best we can…

Magento Community
Magento Community

StoreSync

We’re excited to announce the launch of StoreSync!

We’ve completely redesigned the user interface, and added many new features.

Head on over to http://www.storesync.com for more information!

Image Attachments
apns.jpgorders.jpgproducts.jpgcustomers.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

dwdonline

Total Posts:  56
Southern California

Yeah, I tried that app. It was horible. And I really don’t need a monthly fee either or my data being stored somewhere else. I’ve been using StoreDaily myself and for customers sites I build. So far they have all liked the app. I asked for support and the place was really good about it an got back to me quickly. You can get it at the App Store. I think it cost $4 or $5 - but that’s much better than $30 -$100 a month. And it’s a one-time fee.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dwdonline

Southern California

Does anyone know of an App for the customer side?

Magento Community
Magento Community

StoreSync

@dwdonline Just to clarify, our pricing plans range from $9 - $24, not $30 - $100.

We regret that you did not enjoy the application, nor the pricing structure, however it has been setup in this manner to provide additional services in the future, such as integrated shipping, point of sale, and desktop capabilities.

There is much more to come with the service!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dwdonline

Southern California

Sorry about the pice misquote. Yeah I guess for me, I just don’t want my data going other places. If there is more features later on, it might become an option for some of my bigger customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2