Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[FOUND] We need a Magento hero…

burak özDEMİR

Total Posts:  26

Waiting for the new Magento versions desperately for this. No way. Followed related forum issues, got lost, no solution. All we need is a magento hero to give us that functionality for this e-commerce basic: Display order items in the order confirmation mail templates. Default template is quite useless. Think for cash payments. Customer made the order but forgot what he had purchased. He does not know how much will he pay either. And if he makes his payment, then you can tell him what he had paid. Too late. According to my observation, my store is losing lots of orders. Customer forgets about his order. And you can not drop a reminding into his mailbox. All you can do is to pray the lord for to remind him for completing his order. Seems to be a iittle thing but its quite essential for e-commerce workflows. And the most important thing is, this wonderfull platform: Magento deserves this functionality.

Edit: A module, called ‘Easy Templates’, that costs 20 Euro (which is quite cheap regarding its function) filled the lack of Magento default email templates. Now my stores order confirmations display order items. Finally…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

How are you processing your payments?  “All you can do is pray for the lord for to remind him for completing his order” sounds like you might need to get some payment processing happening right away to prevent forgotten payments!

The My Account section of a typical magento installation offers a review of orders for your customers, if they created an account, this might be one way to do that with no changes.

Otherwise we are going to have to roll up our sleeves and dig into the system a little to get what you want happening.  And that can take some time.  To really get the job done, you may want to consider your developer budget and make a post on the job board.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community