Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help on Debugging

mela

Total Posts:  16

Hi!

I am trying to debug a call to a custom API I developed. For this purpose i would like to set a breakpoint in my Api.php to the corresponding method which i want to call. The Api call is made by a php script, outside of Magento.
I have been struggling for two days now, in order to get into php debugging. At the moment I am using the Zend PDT plug-in for Eclipse ( http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/ ). Magento is running locally on Zend Core (i also tried XAMPP, but that seems not to be running smoothly with Magento). The debugger seems to be running - the “Test Debugger” button said: “Success” grin

I made a new PHP Project from an existing source (pointed to the htdocs directory inside the Zend Core installation) and if I select the index.php and say “Debug As PHP Web Page” the PHP Debug perspective pops up and stops at the breakpoint I set inside index.php.
The problem is that it doesn’t stop on the breakpoint i set inside my Api.php. It just runs through the index.php and show the magento page in the browser. As far as i can see, i think that I am trying to debug a single file - which is not what I wanted. :-(

How can I debug the whole application? (I.e. set a breakpoint on Api.php and the debugger stops whenever he reaches it, even if its called by a script outside of Magento. Is something like that possible at all?)

Thanks,
mela

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ifuel

Total Posts:  7
New York

Hi Mela -

Did you ever figure this out?  Sounds like lots and lots of people are trying to get a good development environment with debugging set up but I haven’t seen a good explanation of how to accomplish that.

Thanks!
Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

mela

Total Posts:  16

Hi Andy!

No, I never succeeded in setting up a Magento development environment. Honestly I gave it up after trying for 2 days… Meanwhile I am not sure if this is possible with PHP at all…

Regards,
mela

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community