Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[Solved]Connection Interrupted after Check for Upgrades is clicked

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have upgraded my staging server (WAMP) to version 1.3.0 successfully using Magento Connect.  However, when I tried to upgrade the live server, Firefox pop up a message after 5 - 10 minutes:

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

I tried five times with the same result. This is the first upgrade for the live server with Magento Connect. Is this the hosting problem or some parameters I need to set? Anyone knows?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I tried again today, a Saturday, the upgrade went noticeable faster than the upgrade yesterday. First take on version 1.3: the category page is really fast, the page loads under a second. The Magento team has done an incredible job.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

The script probably timed out the first time or the connection was closed by the web server due to a long period of inactivity (script execution is not counted as “activity” by the server). Either way, this is server related and can only be fixed by increasing the timeout value.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community