Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I create a user permission to only manage their own products? 

Dano007

Total Posts:  10

Hi, I have created a user permission called ‘Supplier’ the idea being that the user can login and then upload their products into magento with out me having to get involved.  However it seems like they have access to all the products held on the store not just their own.

Is there anyway a users account can be restricted to only be able to edit and upload their own items?  This would also run true for being able to see only their product orders and reporting as well.

Thanks
Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

theallgreenstore

Total Posts:  33

We were looking for the same thing, and were hoping to be able to create a role that would let us do this.  You could potentially assign a role to a store view and have the supplier only be able to upload to that store.  From looking on the forums though, it looks like assigning a role to a store view isn’t possible, each user has access to all store views.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi,

um no not possible.
Been asked quite a few times previously about having the abilitiy to have a store with separate user accounts. Sort of like having mini stores inside a magento install
This would be a custom module you would need developed

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community