Magento Forum

During install error ‘invalid URI’, seems to detect incorrect mySQL version

retrodans

Total Posts:  9

I am new to Magento, but have worked with other CMS’ in the past (eg. Drupal).  During the install process, after giving my location, and currency, I get the error:

<code>
Invalid URI supplied
Trace:
#0 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/lib/Zend/Uri.php(132): Zend_Uri_Http->__construct(’http’, ‘//local.tut_mag...’)
#1 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Config.php(107): Zend_Uri::factory(’http://local.tu...’)
#2 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/Block/Config.php(61): Mage_Install_Model_Installer_Config->getFormData()
#3 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/design/install/default/default/template/install/config.phtml(47): Mage_Install_Block_Config->getFormData()
#4 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/retrobadg...’)
#5 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’install/default...’)
#6 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#7 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#8 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#10 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#11 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’content’, true)
#12 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/design/install/default/default/template/page.phtml(94): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’content’)
#13 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/retrobadg...’)
#14 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’install/default...’)
#15 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#16 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#17 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#18 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(339): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#19 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php(296): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#20 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Install_WizardController->configAction()
#21 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(247): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’config’)
#22 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#23 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#24 /home/retrobadger/working_files/tut_magento/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#25 {main}
</code>

After looking I found a script called magento-check.php, and after running this, it informed me I was running mySQL version 4, but when I go into PHPmyAdmin, it says mySQL5 (which is correct).  This is being run on my XAMPP localhost.  Any suggestions as to why it is incorrectly detecting my SQL version would be most appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

retrodans

Total Posts:  9

PROBLEM SOLVED!

For anyone picking up this post with a similar problem, and didn’t find the german one (with a bit of english at the bottom).  The fix for me was simple, it didn’t like the domain name I gave it locally (using _ eg. tut_magento.local.com)

Hope this helps someone out there.

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

3rdRock

Total Posts:  47

Thanks! Not liking _ was driving me nuts!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thoer

Total Posts:  3

thank you! this is quite a strange bug if you’re asking me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

haltabush

Total Posts:  13

Thanks too, it’s true “_” are not usually allowed in domain names…

Magento Community
Magento Community

f1gm3nt

Total Posts:  6
Nashville, TN

I know that this issue is somewhat old, but this page was the first I can across when searching about this problem. My issue was the URL in question is http://project_name.staging.example.com The magento version is community edition 1.5.0.1

I had to use the command line installer (yes for those that don’t know). If you have access to the command line, then this should work for you as will. You will need to pass the <b>--skip_url_validation</b> option. Here the command I used.

<code>
php -f install.php—--license_agreement_accepted yes --locale en_US --timezone “America/New_York” --default_currency USD --db_host DBHOST --db_name DBNAME --db_user DBUSER --db_pass DBPASS --url “http://project.staging.example.com” <b>--skip_url_validation</b> --use_rewrites yes --use_secure yes --secure_base_url “https://project.staging.example.com/” --use_secure_admin yes --admin_lastname Owner --admin_firstname Store --admin_email “user@example.com” --admin_username admin --admin_password 123456
</code>

Hope it helps out others =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

vdam

Total Posts:  1

@retrodans: Thanks alot for sharing the solution. Saved alot of time smile. Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ravindragoyal

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the information. Using underscore in domain name( magento_test.com) was the reason for this problem for me..

Magento Community
Magento Community

lugobox

Total Posts:  61

Im having a similar problem, but is not in the installation i have a couple of HEBREW domains which they translate like “www.xn--...” and i get same error

{i:0;s:20:"Invalid URI supplied";i:1;s:833:"#0 /var/www/123fragrances.com/lib/Zend/Uri.php(138): Zend_Uri_Http->__construct(’http’, ‘//www.xn--5dbal...’)

But is not when installing is when i try to load a store that i created after… what can i do to avoid this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eatanasov

Total Posts:  1
Bulgaria

Hello,
I am sorry to write in such an old theme but I have the same problem with the domain and I get the error “Invalid URI supplied”. As I read the previous answers to this topic I did not quite understand is there a solution to this problem? Can Magento be installed on domain that is causing this error or there is no point trying to solve the error?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community