Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Use a product translation of a store view on store views of other websites? 

MaikelSmith

Total Posts:  59

Hi everybody,

the idea of moving the product translations to different store views is - in my opinion - very wrong!
Product translations should be connected to the product, not to a store view - as you can see on the following example:

Lets say…

1. I want to create two websites / mainstores
2. Each mainstore has three storeviews for the different languages of the products (e.g. english, german and french)
3. I create one product in the first mainstore and I save the english, german and french language of the description, title, ...
4. Now I would like to use the same product translations in the second mainstore

How do I do this?

Will I have to write all the translations again and again for the second, third, ... mainstore?
Or can I re-use the translations of the products from the first mainstore?

*Maikel*

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Xorbis

Total Posts:  16

I have the same problem, 12 web sites with 1 store each with a french and english store view.
I have to translate the categories, attributes and descrptions for each store view (12 total since I use english as a base).

Either I spend 4 hours doing translations manually or I try to write a query.  Maybe a module can batch this....

What have you found?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMage.com

Total Posts:  74

Hi, try GoMage Lightcheckout extension: it is supported by 12 languages: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Bokmal, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
GoMage Lightcheckout combines all checkout stages on one single page! Try demo here http://www.gomage.com/extensions/lightcheckout.html. Also you can read about all the features there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community