Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Meet all system requirements, get no errors but can’t finish install

Angela Miller

Total Posts:  16
Coral Gables, FL

I have checked all my system requirements and I meet all of them.  When I go to the install page the terminal loads and starts to install on the black and green screen… All goes well until about 3 minutes and then it just freezes and the page stops loading.  I get no error messages, and all files so far on the terminal have installed successfully.  So what could it be why I can’t get to the “Continue Magneto Installation” button and finish installing?

I am also confused by the difference between the loader install and the default install on the installation directions page.  It doesn’t tell me which one to do.  Why are there 2 ways anyway?  Why not just one basic way to install?

----------------------------------------
Godaddy shared linux server
php5
mysql5
hosting control center 2.0

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gudiq

Total Posts:  3

I cannot proceed to step 5: Configuring admin account as it just loops back to step 2: License Agreement page when clicking continue button.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@Angela, try to upload the full package. GoDaddy Shred Hosting is sometimes tricky with the Pear Channel Download. The difference between the Downloader and the Full Package is that the Downloader is significantly smaller is size and provides for a much faster installation when your host accommodates it. The Downloader will bring down the most recent version of Magento available directly to your server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Angela Miller

Coral Gables, FL

Thank you!  I will try again.  I was confused about that, thanks for clearing it up.  Hopefully that will do the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Angela Miller

Coral Gables, FL

I am now installed!  Here is how I was able to do it on Godaddy

1.  I upgraded my server to webhosting 2.0, php5, and mysql 5+
2.  I downloaded the default install option that adimagento suggested
3.  From my hosting control panel I uploaded the zip file, selected it, and chose the “unarchive” option
4.  The default installer still used Pear (black screen with green letters) to download files
5.  Again after it loaded everything the page stopped loading, nothing to confirm I was done loading, BUT…
6.  I went to mystore.com/magneto/install.php (typed in manually) and was able to finish the installation

After the pear screen downloaded, it didn’t give me a button to go to the next step, so I had to type that in myself and I was able to finish and now I’m installed!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community