Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot see a catalog list, breadcrum or navigation

Gary Maddock-Greene

Total Posts:  3
Hull, England, UK

Hello Magento Community ...

Have I missed something somewhere, as following installation and successful set up of my store, I can do everything and see everything except my store does not show any category navigation / links in the store front ... anywhere?

Is this not a standard default setting?

I have added a category and assigned a product. I can get to the product and order it by searching for it, I just can’t seem to switch on a category navigation of some kind!

Help really appreciated. It has me stumped.

Thanks

Gary

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Robert Neacsu

Total Posts:  5
Bucurest

same problem to, any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gary Maddock-Greene

Total Posts:  3
Hull, England, UK

I have solved this now. For others information, this is not a bug (as I have seen posted in other forums), its more a question of confusing documentation IMHO.

The key here is the root category structure in Admin>>Catalog>>Manage Categories

To get your categories to display first set a root category (myRoot) for example and then set up the categories you want to appear in your main navigation as sub-catagories of myRoot.

Your category structure will then display (Make sure your categories and their products are selected to display also).

Hope this helps someone.

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community