Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 8
Please specify the product required option(s) error when trying to add to cart

proteinshake

Total Posts:  42

When I try to add something to cart through a category list of products it keeps telling me to “Please specify the product required option(s)”. However, when I get on the page for the specific product I want to add and try to add to card it works. Anyone know how to fix this? I would really appreciate any help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

proteinshake

Total Posts:  42

I found I slow and odd solution to this problem. I am going through each product in the backend and clicking “custom options” then saving it. This seems to be working pretty good so far. Sometimes I have to save twice before it works. Still with there was a faster way to fix this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BjarneBK

Total Posts:  61

I have the same problem .... and as if that wasn’t enough, I can’t import cvs-files anymore :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

metalMilita

Total Posts:  53
sweden

it doesn’t work for me too.Also at first I got ‘please specify product link(s)’ error.But I don’t know why, now I am getting ‘Please specify the product required option(s)’.

Magento Community
Magento Community

display-stand

Total Posts:  16

I have also noticed this.  Products with ‘custom options’ need to be re-saved in the admin with the ‘custom options’ page open. 

This is definately a bug, has anyone reported this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

I had this problem with products without any custom options.
Even new simple products with no options, added via product import didn’t work.

The only way I found to fix it was to go through each product, click on custom options, click on another setting, change it then change it back then save the product.
Sounds strange but it works.  It took ages though even for my meagre 350 products

I tried reimporting products and reimporting products with changes but nothing seemed to work except the above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

envisionweb

Total Posts:  20
Orlando, FL

I am having, what I believe, is the same problem.  I often get orders from customers where I have to add on a custom part or product that is not necessarily in my product catalog. So I created a product called “Custom Product” so that when I create an order in the admin I select that “custom product” from the product search and then fill out the description and custom price in the appropriate fields.

But now, since upgrading to 1.3, I can no longer do this and I keep getting These following errors:

! One of options row has error

and…

Product has required options

Does anyone think this is related to the same problems you guys are having?

Image Attachments
Picture 2.pngPicture 3.pngPicture4.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

envisionweb

Total Posts:  20
Orlando, FL

To clarify my post above, where you see the link “Custom Options” that is where I fill out the text area with custom product details.  Then when I click “update” I get the error and my text in the custom options field disappears.  I currently have several big orders I have taken over the phone and can not process them due to this error!

I hope someone can help. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

metalMilita

sweden

Strange!!
Custom options solution doesn’t work for me :(

Also in magento default theme, when I search my downloadable product,if I click Add to Cart button on result page,I got this error and product isn’t added to cart.Product details page is opened.And If I click AddtoCart button on this page,product is added ...

Also in my own design template none of them works..In fact there is no AddtoCart button on product details page.But I have this button for other product types..

So what the hell going on??

Magento Community
Magento Community

metalMilita

sweden

By the way, I can create order with downloadable product on admin side without error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybum

Total Posts:  32

Also getting this error with version 1.3

Get this error msg in admin when trying to reorder:

Option validation failed to add product to cart
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/Sales/Order/Create.php(178): Mage::throwException('Option validati...')
#1 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/Order/CreateController.php(283): Mage_Adminhtml_Model_Sales_Order_Create->initFromOrder(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order))
#2 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Adminhtml_Sales_Order_CreateController->reorderAction()
#3 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(247): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('reorder')
#4 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 /var/www/pierceitshop.com/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#7 {main}

And see the attachment for the catalogue side

Image Attachments
reorder-error-frontend.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

AngelEyes

Total Posts:  74

I have a similar problem since upgrading to 1.3.

In the front end any product that has custom options will not let you add it to the cart unless you select the non-required options as well.

I have tried editing the product in the back office but it doesn’t help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

MassDigitalMedia

Total Posts:  83
Leominster, MA

I am also getting this error:

o Please specify the product required option(s)

And I don’t even have a product that has required options…

Magento Community
Magento Community

MassDigitalMedia

Total Posts:  83
Leominster, MA

got-bonsai - 03 April 2009 08:47 AM

I had this problem with products without any custom options.
Even new simple products with no options, added via product import didn’t work.

The only way I found to fix it was to go through each product, click on custom options, click on another setting, change it then change it back then save the product.
Sounds strange but it works.  It took ages though even for my meagre 350 products

I tried reimporting products and reimporting products with changes but nothing seemed to work except the above.

Bonsai...I tried this on several products...and it worked! Only problem is, I have over 1000 products! This is a HORRIBLE bug!

Does anyone have another solution? I’ve tried updating status, I even went into the db to see if there was something different between 2 similar products. One allows add to cart, and the other does not. I saw nothing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

I’ve got the same error, not good! I’m going to try a few things out and will see what I find.

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

I have turned off Flat Categories which has solved the error where no products are added to the cart, but this error seems to still be present.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 8