Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

b2b monthly accounts

mcshane78

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I’m so new to Magento that i havent even tried it yet, but i have a specific requirement that my tried and trusted e-commerce system cannot fulfil… so given all the praise Magento has received i thought i’d ask....

i want to build a website that will allow me to trade online business 2 business (b2b) by monthly account.

i.e.  instead of receiving payment at checkout like regular online retail stores, i want my registered customers (whom I approve) to be able to have a monthly account… to which i can send them an invoice at the end of each month for all they have bought/ordered via the website.

is this an automated feature of Magento?… if not, is there an add-on allowing customers to pay by a monthly account instead of at the checkout each time they buy off my site

(before ppl reply saying why would you want ppl not to pay at checkout.. this is b2b wholesale, not retail..)

thank you
Love and Kisses
M

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mcshane78

Hi, thanks for the reply!!!

We use Sage 50 in the office… but if Magento can take orders without the need to take payment,,, im sure we can process these manually until Magento have credit-account facilities…

any idea when this may happen?… i have had a look at the roadmap but unfortunately i couldn’t find any information, (this is my first day looking into Magento, but a lot of people i know whom i met via Zen Cart have migrated over so i thought id give it a whirl)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcshane78

GREAT SCOTT!.. is the polite way of exprssing my horror at the price i found for a magento and sage50 marriage!!!
(http://www.holbi.co.uk/modules-for-oscommerce/product/item/magento-connector-for-sage-line-50/)

no, that’s far too much, we area very small family business and the monthly sales dont justify that price, besides there are a few free add-ons that do that in Zen Cart, it’s just the lack of a credit account feature for ZC that’s a pain. But i have been told it can be easily over come.

thanks for your help, but for now Zen Cart can fulfil my needs with a few hacks and free add-ons… and its a little more mature and less buggy than Magento (for now), but i will keep my eye on Magento and maybe move away from Zen Cart in a year or so depending on the craic of Zen Cart’s 2.0 release.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community