Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A few questions concerning shipping and product quanity. 

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

First off, I got to hand it to you folks behind this great product. I have used tons and tons of software and never did an online store because the options were just not reasonable which offered a good storefront. If I were a programmer I would help with the development however will do what I can to send donations.

First question,
I will be selling Toy Cars where many cases there is only 1 available. If someone orders this item and then someone else trys to will they both be able to order or just one of them? Will it get rid of the item when it has sold? If someone is paying by money order will it take it off as well if they order it so no one else can purchase the item?

Last Question,
How can I configure USPS rates? I went to their website and it is asking for a company name and company phone. I am not a registered business yet however will be in a few months. How can I configure accurate rates?

Thanks for the help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi,

There are inventory options in Magento. When a product in stock quantity is under 1, the product shows up in the store, but customers won’t be able to order it.
Hope this helps.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community