Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integration with 3rd party PHP OOP classes & require_once Behaviour clarification

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi all,

I have a 3rd party PHP class (present in directory placed under../lib/POC/include) that I need to use in magento. In my calling magento PHP code, Mage.php includes the lib path (.../lib) using php function ‘set_include_path’ (see . My problem in using the PHP class is

// Filename class.Chat.inc inside directory lib/POC/include

require_once(POC_BASE.'/config.inc.php');

require_once(
POC_INCLUDE_PATH.'/adodb/adodb.inc.php');
require_once(
POC_INCLUDE_PATH.'/class.Language.inc');
require_once(
POC_INCLUDE_PATH.'/class.Chatter.inc');

class 
POC_Chat {

3rd party PHP class has require_once statements on top of the file containing the class. So if I use this class, will the require_once statements also come over?? Else how do I handle such a situation and use these 3rd party classes?

Thanks!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

demonkoryu
Guru

Total Posts:  328
Dortmund, Germany

What do you mean with “come over”? The required files will be present, yes. Shouldn’t be a problem as long as the classes don’t collide with Magento classes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

was doubtful if POC_Chat alone is loaded or if the entire file containing POC_Chat is loaded. Was worried because POC_Chat requires the files included via require_once ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

tested this and found that the entire file that contains the class gets loaded ...so no issues…

Which means in my example, the require_once statement are also executed when POC_Chat class gets loaded which is good enough for me.

Thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community